51 pounds lost in 8 months with pics

Options
SW: 221
CW:170
GW: 140

I've gone from size 20 pants to a size 12. What have I been doing? Well, I've been walking 3 to 5 miles at least 4 times a week. I've also just recently started lifting. Unfortunately, my situation dictates that I do it all at home. So, I went out and bought adjustable dumbbells and Leslie Sansone's 5-Mile Fat Burn DVD from her Walk-At-Home collection (very low impact). I generally like to walk outside, but here in ND it snows 9 months out of the year so I like to use the DVD or whatever workout videos I can find on youtube to switch it up.

I believe in simple, because this isn't a 30/60/90 day program. This is what I plan on doing the rest of my life. And, thankfully, if I can do it at home, I can do it anywhere! Admittedly, I brought my scale with me the last time I went on vacation (still managed to lose weight!). Since we usually drive, I think I'll be bringing my weights with me next! xD

Although I'm still a work-in-progress, I'm already starting to like what I see in the mirror. Seriously, simply doing my hair and putting on makeup used to be a chore, so I wouldn't do it . I spent my 20's being an ugly hermit. Well, I plan to make it to goal by my next birthday (October). And, yes, 34 will be my new 24! :drinker:

039_zps5da8cc0a.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!