Do guys take classes?

Options
Women make up 99% of the classes my gym offers. I see them lining up everyday.

Do any guys here take a class? Which one?

My gym has a Deep Breathing/Relaxation class I'd love to attend but the stars never seem to align. I think every guy could use that class, and I'm one of the calm ones lol.

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have taken yoga..and men are in there...as well as e spinning class this morning. Go and do what you want..after all...you are paying for me regardless if you take them or not
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for all guys, but as far as myself - no, I don't do classes. Never have, never will - just not my thing. If I'm in the gym, you can find me over in the free weight section.
  • cupulous
    cupulous Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I go to yoga classes my local YMCA offers. There are always a few guys in there.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My gym offers a powerlifting class... I'm the only girl in that one :smile:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Some likely do. I don't, but it's because they don't offer classes in anything that even remotely interests me. I can watch old women fall asleep on the floor for free elsewhere.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i take a hot yoga class. there are usually about 25 in the class, 4 or 5 of which are guys. go for it!
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not unless picking up chicks, wait what?
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    I feel like at my gym, because it's mostly all women lining up for the class, that it deters guys from attending them. :(
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i dont do classes. most seem like a wast of time for me.

i wish my gym offered a stretching class. thats the one thing i can never seem to motivate myself to do. maybe ill try a yoga class at some point.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I and my wife go to bodypump and it is really fun and challenging. I used to say I would never go to a class but my wife badgered me into trying it. I love it and the added benefit of a lot of lovely women doesn't hurt!!:devil: :wink:
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    At the gym I go to there are about 4-5 guys who do our Zumba class regularly. One of them comes in before or after his Weights workout and says its the only way he can stand cardio. One of the others is obviously ex-military drill instructor and counts out any reps or timing, he really helps make sure we are all on our game. Of course, my Zumba class is less "dancy" and more physical, we even do a choreographed kick-boxing routine to Rob Zombie's "dragula"
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    take the class i have done zumba, kick boxing, butts and guts stuff there are alot of women around but i like say they don't care if your there or not. your going to benfit from it. i've been the only guy in all three classes i probably look funny to but i had fun and i burn cals that what matters to me. so go for it maybe when other guys see you in there it might inspire them to join
  • koolmum
    Options
    I always have guys take my classes. Some puke, some cry, some swear alot......they keep coming back for more.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    My pilates class is half guys. I wasn't expecting it but good on them!
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have started taking a yoga class but I have alterior motives. I take the class to get my wife and daughter off the couch.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    The only guys in my classes are dudes with their wives/gfs. Except Spin, that gets a few out.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I go to a boot camp class that's about 1/3 guys. I think it depends on the gym and the class. You want to see more guys in class go check out crossfit.
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Many guys take spin, and there are times when there are guys in some of the other classes, but usually they are the only one. So maybe go with a friend (girl or guy), and try out different classes together
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've just started circuit class on a monday evening. The split is pretty much 50/50 men to women ranging from early 20s to some in their 50s and of course, all different abilities.
  • leejusd
    Options
    I did pilates for nearly two years while in school. Pilates was great, it is all in how hard you push yourself. I would be dripping sweat after classes. It helped take care of back pain I had.

EDIT: Almost all women though, good excuse for a college guy