Lost weight but increased BF%...???

Options
Hi,

As you can see below I have lost 3 pounds this week but increased by BF%. It has never increased in the three months since I started losing weight (and I've lost weight each week). Started doing some crunches this week which probably accounts for the big drop in waist inches (measure across my belly button but averaged only about 1/2 inch per week before) and butterfly dumbbell lifting for my man boobs. I'm also a bit concerned with the drop in Lean Body mass as I have never reduced this much in one week before. I eat at or just above 2000pw and rarely eat back my burned calories and if I do it is only a bit. I log the exercise but not the calories burned. I do log them in the notes at the bottom of the food page though.

I use http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html to get these calculations and use the moderate exercise selection.

Am I worrying too much or is this normal?

Weight was 272.75 last week, 269.75 this week
Waist was 46 last week, 44 this week
Neck was 17.5 last week, 17 this week
BMI was 37.5 last week, 37.2 this week
BF% was 32.1 last week, 32.8 this week
LBM was 184.7 last week, 181.4 this week

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Those calculators aren't so accurate... It's a good idea to measure your body fat percentage at the gym.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think it's anything to "worry" about, but if you want to change it you can.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    It's telling you, you've lost all muscle. It doesn't work like that, especially for people with quite a bit of fat to lose. Check the mirror is the best advice I can give you going forward. To minimize muscle loss, weight train 2 or 3 times a week and get at least 1g protein for every lb of lean mass.
  • corrinadavis
    Options
    I got this from Livestrong.com

Your body fat percentage is a measurement of body composition. Measuring body far percentage accounts for muscle mass. Two people of the same weight can have different body fat percentages because one may have more muscle and denser bones while the other person has more body fat. If you gain body fat, your weight and body fat percentage increase. If you gain muscle, though, your weight increases and your body fat percentage decreases. The converse is also true. You can lose muscle and therefore weigh less, but unless your body fat also changes, your body fat percentage increases.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/473236-why-did-my-weight-go-down-but-body-fat-went-higher/#ixzz2JnlSDVsW

I would say that it is part of losing weight. We tend to bounce up and down during our weight loss and with this being so, I would say that the same is true with muscle gain. I once seen my doctor who told me that our bodies get adjusted to certain type of excercises we tend to stop building muscle, which also decreases our body fat. My recommendation is change it up a little bit, do something different at least once a week.