question

Options
Is it at all possible for someone of 192 pounds to wear a size large? the reason I ask is because my Grandma's scale says I am 192 pounds. but I don't see any possible way someone with that weight can fit in a size large. I think her scale is way off. I would think someone with that weight would wear an extra large

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Did you try the shirt on?

And I could weigh 125 but with my boobs, I don't think I'll ever wear just a large.
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Weight is a lot different than size. I am a size larger than my sister who is over 10lbs heavier than me. She is more fit, and I am flabby. But scales do mess up easily. I would go to your doctor or a gym or even a friends house to compare scales!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    yes all the shirts I bought fit perfectly on me. they are all larges. my XL's I had in my closet were huge on me. I am thinking her scale has got to be way off.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Size isn't just dependent on weight. Your height, body composition, and where you carry your excess weight are going to play into how clothing fits you. When I was 190, I was a slightly loose size 14, getting close to moving into a 12. Plus, "large" can vary so much from brand to brand. In some brands, at 14 I was a large and in others I was XL.
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Size isn't just dependent on weight. Your height, body composition, and where you carry your excess weight are going to play into how clothing fits you. When I was 190, I was a slightly loose size 14, getting close to moving into a 12. Plus, "large" can vary so much from brand to brand. In some brands, at 14 I was a large and in others I was XL.
    Agreed. Depends on your height and how muscular you are, too.
  • speciall1
    Options
    I think its possible because it depends on your bone structure. Haven't you seen someone that is 250 pounds says they whear a size 24 or something and another person 250 wear a size 18. Some people have a lot of fat and some people carry more muscle or some people are more bottom heavy verses a person with no butt or something, or it could be that you just carry your weight well.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You are actually the one to motivate me to celebrate "mini-goals" along the weight loss journey. When I hit 10 pounds I'm treating myself to a digital scale as my current old/cheap one always weighs me much heavier than the digital at my friend's house does. Don't know which to believe but would like to think HERS is correct!!! :laugh:

That said, I'm at (supposedly!!) 198 right now and wear a large in many things and a XL in others. I'm 5'6" sooooo . . .
  • greeneyes1014
    Options
    its possible.. it was for me .. i think my biggest was about 192 and i was in a large in things.. but we all carry weight differently.. and not every shirt fits the same but its def possible :)
  • angmora
    Options
    depends on your body shape, but yes I also wear a large in many styles and brands and I am 187.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah, every scale is different. My bf parent's scale says I'm 8 lbs heavier....that's why you only weigh yourself with the same scale.

The best way to measure progress is through inches. You could be working out, lifting weights, and weigh the same but be losing inches instead of lbs. (decreasing body fat percentage)