Beef With Broccoli

Options
dford5
dford5 Posts: 92 Member
I found this recipe on Pinterest and have made it a few times. It is delicious!! I used the recipe maker on here and it comes out to 422 calories per serving. I want to try it with shrimp or chicken but for now, regular ole beef is still good. Hope y'all like it!

Beef with Broccoli

Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour for marinade Cook Time: 8 minutes

First, marinate the meat:

1/2 tsp baking soda (I didn't have baking soda so I used double the amount of baking powder)
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips (the first time I made this I used a T-bone steak :laugh: the second time I used "stir fry beef" from Walmart)

1. Whisk together the baking soda, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Toss the steak with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, then proceed below.

1/2 c low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced (I used jarred mined garlic)
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp sherry (I didn't have sherry so I used water)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 heads broccoli, crowns only

1. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, flour and sherry until smooth. Set aside.

2. In a large wok or saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering. Add broccoli and saute 3 minutes, stirring often. Transfer broccoli to a plate.

3. Carefully add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the hot pan. Add the marinated meat and half of the sauce mixture and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce. Saute 1 minute more. Serve.

URL to article: http://rainydaygal.com/2011/02/03/beef-with-broccoli/

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    emilybites.com has a crockpot beef and broccoli one and its really good
  • kimber89
    kimber89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yum! How much is a serving?
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yum! How much is a serving?

About 1.5 cups. I eat a bit less if I'm eating it with brown rice. I also don't use as much oil, but I use olive oil and not vegetable oil.
  • pippacont
    pippacont Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This sounds great and thanks for sharing items you substituted.
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This looks really good! I love new recipes, for awhile I thought I would have to eat from Subway everyday! LOL

Thanks