Do you count the calories burned from exercise???

Options
I need some help understanding how calorie counting works. Here is my situation: I am set at 1200 calories a day and, so far, I have eaten 900. I exercised today and burned 700 calories. MFP has added the 700 calories towards my 1200 calorie goal for the day. I am not sure if I need to eat the calories burned from exercise of not. The way that I am understanding it is that I guess I have really only eaten 200 calories today because my exercise burned off the rest. If this is so, then I am not being healthy at all. Please help.

Replies

• mayday2169
    Options
    Yes eat back workout calories
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat your calories. You are already at a deficit with 1200 so try to stay in or around 1200.
  • LPDLPD
    LPDLPD Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you.
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    that's a good question - I don't eat back all of them, but yesterday when I didn't exercise and ate under my calories (which is 1200) I got a warning note saying that my body isn't gettting it's correct nutritionif I don't eat AT LEAST 1200 - so I'm thinking I'll eat back some of the workout calories, but not all.... and on days I don't exercise, make sure I hit as close as possible to 1200.
    Sorry, didn't answer your question since I don't know, will be interested to see what others say.