Night time eating

Options
t's nights that push me over my calories. So, I bought some jigsaw puzzles and am hoping they will keep my hands occupied while watching TV. Otherwise I'll have to learn to crochet - its been 30 plus years since I've done that. My husband always says "it's a visual medium" but I can't just watch TV. I have to do something else as well. Hopefully it's not going to be eating. What do you do to keep from eating at night?

Replies

• laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I plan my meals so I can eat at night. I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as you don't go over your target.
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just having a bottle of water to sip on can keep the boredom munchies at bay.
  • shearnerve
    shearnerve Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just fight it now. Water bottle & knowing tomorrow I will be lighter.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I save some calories for evenings. Sometimes a cup of tea helps if I don't have any calories left. But, really, I just have to decide that I'm not going to blow it after doing well all day.
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm eating my diner as late as possible and 1 hour of tv than I go to bed early...It help me a lot because I was always eating at nights.

Good luck...
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have problems with this too,..stopping eating once I"ve started too, Tonight, I'm using self control!, it's hard , but I want this weight off!
  • Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have discovered tv is much less entertaining now that I've stopped eating as much in front of it. I have been trying to rent DVDs that I've never seen, it keeps me focused a bit more. Making your own popcorn is a great snack that has a crunch I sometimes have a glass of crushed ice. Your idea of keeping busy is great but don't deny yourself a snack if it falls within you calorie goals.
  • trishwitch
    Options
    I cuddle on the couch with my cat who sleeps on my chest for hours without moving if I let him. i feel so bad about disturbing him, I don't get up and go to the kitchen to grab a snack! haha
  • Masnus12
    Masnus12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat sugar free jello or healthy popcorn. I also chew very strong mint sugar free gum.
  • thenewchiz
    Options
    I find that if I go upstairs to my bedroom with a cup of tea and watch tv in bed I snack less. If I'm downstairs on my sofa the kitchen is right there...it's easy to grab a snack. Once I'm in bed I'm too lazy. Bonus is I get to sleep earlier too!
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    All of these ideas are great but is crochet that bad? You may even enjoy it now!:flowerforyou:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I litteraly watch tv from my exercise bike, but I am not home much in the evenings and I do not watch that much tv so when there is something I want to watch, I DVR it and then watch it while i am riding my exercise bike, Win/win.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm more hungry at night than I am during the day so I just plan for that.
  • LisaMia66
    Options
    I will workout extra hard just so I have extra calories if, and only "if", I get hungry at night. When that happens I'll usually reach for a piece of string cheese (it's a great source of protein and calcium) OR I'll have a small piece of dark chocolate (because I heard it curbs that cycle of craving something salty and then wanting something sweet, etc., and so far it seems to be doing the trick) and those are perfect.

How about reading? It keeps your mind engaged and keeps your hands occupied.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full... no matter what time of day or night it is... Im not a TV person but if I happen to catch a show I have a coffee or water and if Im hungry for a snack i get it portioned out versus having the entire bag/box of something in my lap.