Starting 30 day program do I stop if I'm sore?

Options
I bought Jillian's micheals 30 day shred. I've never really exercised like this in my life. I know ill be damn sore. I'm starting tomorrow. Do I take a break for a day or two if I'm real sore? Or do I deal with it? I mean its a 30 day program.

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well.. soreness = deal with it. Injury = stop. You'll know the difference. Besides, the soreness and stiffness you will feel is laectic acid build up in your muscles. It won't hurt you, and the best way to get rid of it, is to keep moving it. Farther into the program, you won't get the build up, and you'll be killing every workout.

And yes, it's a 30 day program, not a 25 day program ;) do the 30 days!
  • Ashiieepuff
    Options
    I just did day 1. We'll be sore together and work through it. Aight girl?!
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    That's actually perfect haha! Doing day 1 tomorrow. Ill let you know how it goes!
  • Ashiieepuff
    Options
    It's actually kind of fun! I like the music haha.
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nope!! Your meant to hurt!! So dont worry, good luck Im doing it myself (second time) Feel free to add me!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    On my 2nd day I felt SO sore in my legs I could barely walk down the stairs. However, I decided to push through and do day 2. Surprisingly, once you start and get warmed up, you don't seem to notice it.

If you take a rest day every time you feel sore on 30DS, you won't ever complete it. I'm now on Level 3 Day 5 and I'm still sore every day.

Learn to like the pain...it just shows you it's working!
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30 day shred on Jan 30th. Push through it you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Makoce
    Options
    I finished the 30 day shred on Jan 30th. Push through it you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did it take you to see result?
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've done some of her 30 Day Shred. I suggest doing your own stretching along with hers. I needed some extra stretching before and after because I was very stiff in the beginning. As I continued to do it, I did not need the extra stretching as much.

Good luck and Happy Exercising!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do it everyday. Take some Advil if you are very sore. I just finished day 15.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was very sore on the sides of my chest after the first two days, and felt strain and pain on push-ups and chest flies (with 10 lb weights). So I took a break on day 3 and it helped a ton. I have gone 13 days straight since then.
  • burnsc13
    burnsc13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 - Level 1! I think it is okay to be sore to an extent. We will probably be sore every day from 30DS...but if you can barely move, then I would take a day off.
  • Makoce
    Options
    I just did Day 1 - Level 1! I think it is okay to be sore to an extent. We will probably be sore every day from 30DS...but if you can barely move, then I would take a day off.

I did too, day 1 lvl 1. Im already sore, haha. Tomorrow should be even worse.
    But I plan on just doing it every day and dealing with it.
  • burnsc13
    burnsc13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I did too, day 1 lvl 1. Im already sore, haha. Tomorrow should be even worse.
    But I plan on just doing it every day and dealing with it.

lol yeah, I feel like I will be pretty sore tomorrow, let me know how it goes for you!
  • onfiresis
    onfiresis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    like breasonable i just finished 30 day shred. i lost 5.2 lbs and 7.75 inches all over. could've been more but i got sick with tonsillitis toward the end. still completed 17/30 of the workouts (i never intended to do 30 straight days....because i added rest days along with other workouts..plus the sickness break) keep it up! you can do it!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The pain is just weakness leaving your body right? :wink:
  • techiegirl81078
    techiegirl81078 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just bought it too.....OMG...we are all gonna be moving very slowly on monday!:laugh:
  • SwissDave
    SwissDave Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The pain is just weakness leaving your body right? :wink:

That's it!
  • breasonable
    Options

How long did it take you to see result?

The first week I saw result ! make sure you take measurements! Also I wish I would have taken pics!
  • breasonable
    Options
    Exactly The pain is WEAKNESS leaving the BODY!!! Do not PHONE this in!!!! PUSH IT!!!!! I lost 15 inches and 10.6 lbs over the 30 days!!!!

I just started Ripped in 30!!!!!! YOU can do this!