Best 'diet' to follow to lose weight - without exercise...he

Options
So I have1 month to go before my wedding...and I am in an icky predicament. I have had a cough for a little over 2 weeks and just this past Sunday I pulled a muscle in my rib from all the coughing. At this point I am in a horrible amount of pain and can not work out...but would like to keep losing weight as my wedding is a month away. ANY advice on food choices (I know enough to stay away from junk food and defintiely plan to do so) I should be making is greatly appreciated! My cousin mentioned something about strictly protein and veggies.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!!!

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are already doing this or not, but I'm sure drinking a lot of water will help. Everyone has their own "target" number of glasses per day (mine is 8-9 glasses a day). A bonus of drinking all your water - I bet your skin will look great for your wedding too!

Best of luck! Sorry you are in pain, hope you find relief soon!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Lean meats (chicken, fish, red meat only once a week)
    GREEN veggies: green beans, broccoli, asparagus, also, red peppers are a superfood
    Fruits for snacks (peaches, anything citrus, berries are also superfoods - blueberries have great antioxidants, bananas)
    Nuts to fill you up (most nutritious are pistachios and almonds - high in calories and GOOD fat, so of course, everything in moderation)

LOTS of water. Drink half your weight in ounces at MINIMUM. So if you're 150, drink 75 ounces at the least.

Things to really watch in your diary:

- Don't go over carbs, sugar (unless it's from fruit, you'll be fine) or fat
    - Try to make sure you meet your protein & fiber goals everyday

Recommended amounts are carbs 55%, protein 30%, fat 20%, fiber 25g, sodium 2400mg.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Are you able to take short walks, even simply for health reasons and feeling good it might help, especially if you have a cough. Good to move around. I'm sorry you're in pain. :( Continuing a healthy balanced meal is important, wedding or no wedding. :wink: Water was suggested and is important to get plenty in for all of us especially if you're body is healing. Can you do lower body work or arm work, only you know your pain level, so we can only toss ideas out.

Good luck,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Walking should be pretty low impact on your ouchy ribs, so try that. Stick to your cals, or under (as long as you eat 1200 a day total), and drink water till you float away, and then some.
  • cmurphy04722
    cmurphy04722 Posts: 254
    Options
    I mainly lost my first 15 pounds from changing my diet alone. I eat a plant-based diet now, which helps with my migraines, but also has helped me get closer to my healthiest weight. I do a lot of cardio and strength training now to help me get there, but my diet is still the largest part of my fitness level.

Perhaps you'd be interested in a plant-based diet for the short-term? Just an idea. I know it works for me because it helps with migraines and such, but it's not for everyone. Cutting dairy out of my diet basically dropped 5 pounds in a week though haha.

My percentages, and keep in mind that most of my nutrition comes from vegetables...

Carbs 60%
    Protein 20%
    Fat 20%

For me, low-carb was always a short-term thing that never lasted long and I always gained the weight back. Plus my vitamins were lacking because I wasn't eating enough veggies and fruits. But a lot of people have success with low-carb diets when they're trying to drop pounds fast.

I recommend figuring out your goals (short term v. long term---may not be the same) and decide what would be best for your health.
  • PhabPhilo
    PhabPhilo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Different things work for different people, but when I reduce the carbs, and eat them early in the day so I'm not sleeping on them, helps me burn more fat. And don't eat after 8pm.
  • jessicakate26
    Options
    Big big thanks to everyone!!!:smile:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the final push to look great for your wedding. Sorry to hear that you are in pain with so mcuh going on. Hoping you feel great again soon. All the recommendations you have been getting for walking and eating lots of veggies and water are good. Remember to watch your salt intake, don't want to be holding all that water weight before your big day.
    When is your wedding? I am getting married on June 19th. :flowerforyou:
  • jessicakate26
    Options
    Wedding is June 12th! June brides:happy:
    Defintiely need to keep the salt in mind!!! And I think I am going to try to walk as much as I can.