Oatmeal:>

Options

Replies

• Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Overnight refrigerator oats - not cooked, just old fashioned oats soaked in milk in the fridge. I eat it cold, with a little cinnamon and/or vanilla.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I like mine with cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar! Or sometimes with cacao powder. And with berries if we have any!
  • watergirlri
    watergirlri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love it in banana bread & muffins.
    This recipe has all oatmeal in place of flour.
    http://blommi.com/oatmeal-banana-nut-bread-easy-gluten-free-recipe/
  • christinelyn
    christinelyn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cooked with water for low calorie but then and a teaspoon of coconut oil and a little pure maple syrup.
  • iam_jiggling
    Options
    Ok so me and oatmeal will again be best buds starting today. :) before i lost 10lbs with oats, back when i can wear my 2 pc swim wear.. my first day starts now.. hmp! 170 to 120 here i come.. *cross finger*

Old fashioned oats with my sterilized milk.. no sugar. Hmppp.. i can do this right?! Hehehe
  • kgal41
    kgal41 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm kind of boring, I guess. I just love it with a bit of brown sugar and lots of raisins! Love hearing about other ways to have it, though!
  • ulyssesblue79
    ulyssesblue79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love having "Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal" from The Yummy Life

http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/220/Blueberry+Maple+Refrigerator+Oatmeal

Ingredients
    1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
    1/3 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
    2 teaspoons maple syrup (more or less to taste)
    1/4 cup blueberries (or enough to fill jar)

Directions
    In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add blueberries and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.

Her recipe has 215 calories, but with the products I use I have it comes to 286. Sometimes I'll leave out the chia seeds which brings the recipe to 219 calories.

YUM!
  • rockchalk03
    Options
    1/4 of a banana, tbsp of pb, and 1/4 scoop of chocolate truffle protein powder....absolutely delicious!
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Try this
    2c steel cut oats
    4 cups water

cook 2 1/2 on high in the crockpot

when done stir in 2 over ripe bananas mashed
    6 scoops chocolate whey protein
    6 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter

when done pour contents into a loaf pan and chill overnight

Divide into 6 servings in the morning and there is breakfast for 6 days
  • eras616
    Options
    I love how versatile oatmeal is. One of my favorite ways to eat it is with peanut butter, raisins, and slivered almonds.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It never gets old:)
    I like to eat it with peanut butter & honey or brown sugar & coconut flakes^_^
    What is YOUR favorite way to eat oatmeal?!

Oh my goddess, coconut flakes. I never thought of putting those in oatmeal. Gonna have to do that sometime soon!

I personally love 1/2 cup to 1 cup of mixed berries, + a tablespoon of peanut butter, + a few teaspoons of brown sugar, + a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum yum.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal, with cinnamon. Topped with blueberries and walnut pieces and almond milk.

The coconut sounds really yummy, I will have to try that too.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I add oatmeal to my tuna salad I eat most days for lunch.

1/4 fat free cottage cheese
    1 tablespoon light mayo
    1/2 cup dry old fashioned oatmeal
    Onion powder to taste
    1 can tuna in water

I mix the first four ingreadents together than add the tuna with the water. Mix well. By the time I eat lunch (about 3 hours later) the oatmeal has absorbed all the liquid and the resulting tuna salad is really dense. It's not gourmet, but it keeps me from getting hungry most afternoons.
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    It never gets old:)
    I like to eat it with peanut butter & honey or brown sugar & coconut flakes^_^
    What is YOUR favorite way to eat oatmeal?!

I have been eating oatmeal every morning for about 9 months....can't get enough of it. I like Oatfit maple and brown sugar, I add 1/2 tbsp diced walnuts and 1/2 tbsp of PB2
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    Try this
    2c steel cut oats
    4 cups water

cook 2 1/2 on high in the crockpot

when done stir in 2 over ripe bananas mashed
    6 scoops chocolate whey protein
    6 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter

when done pour contents into a loaf pan and chill overnight

Divide into 6 servings in the morning and there is breakfast for 6 days

sounds fabulous
  • shelbystatic
    shelbystatic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love Quaker's instant oatmeal apples and cinnamon flavor. It's so good that I don't need to add any sugar or milk; and I have one major sweet tooth. Only 160 calories per serving. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • wendy2317
    Options
    thats how i have been doing it lately with peanut flour too
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    some truvia and ground cinnamon, so good!!

^^
    this!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Vanilla protein powder, one egg, baking powder, butter or coconut oil....season with cinnamon and raisins or almond extract and walnuts and bake it in the oven at 350F for 30 mins and then NOMNOMNOMNOM:heart:
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I mash a banana in mine and add a little cocoa powder and honey to it. Yum!