love handles

Options
Could you please look at the pics I took tonight in the pink tank top in my photos? Why do I have love handles still at 108 pounds? I lift weights, do cardio and eat healthy. Do I need to get to like 90 lbs for these to go away? Could it just be lose skin or is it fat? I lost 30 lbs so maybe that has something to do with it. So frustrated :/

Replies

• orangelobster
    Options
    Answer: pilates
    another answer, you look fine.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't see any. I think you look great! I say just eat right --- healthy, whole foods with actual nutritional value (it helps if you cook yourself) and do some cardio a few times a week. Side crunches, bicycle crunches, to tone up with the cardio. There's no tips or tricks to spot reduce.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You have NO love handles - You have a gorgeous figure and tiny!!!

Many many girls would like to look like you!!! Embrace hun!!

xx
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You posted concern about back fat a few days ago and you got a lot of good advice. Use that advice.
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    Fat gets stuck to the fascia layer in our bodies and it's stubborn so all you need to do is unstick it by getting a massage therapist or yourself to pull on this area all around your waist and unstick it. It will look great after you get this kind of treatment done. I do this technique on so many clients and it works.
  • Msdirection
    Msdirection Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree with orange - I think you look great. There's a difference, I think, between having love handles and just having hips. I've naturally got wider hips than a lot of girls my height, and there's no exercise I can do or pill I can take to make them smaller - it's bone. As women, we are always going to go 'out' at the hips, and from what I know of men, they don't think that's a bad thing. My fiance' would be devastated if I lost my 'shape', as he calls it. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much - you look fabulous :)
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    Thanks everyone I just feel like my legs and arms are thin and my belly is out of proportion. Yes I did post but I wanted to post again because I think these pics show what im talking about better
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    what love handles. You look fine. Tone what you have.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphia.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphia.

Possibly. I didn't see love handles.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I just feel like my legs and arms are thin and my belly is out of proportion. Yes I did post but I wanted to post again because I think these pics show what im talking about better

Looks like the same picts to be honest from before. Just in case you didn't want to dig back to that link, here it is:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/873348-back-fat

I think that aside from incorporating weight training into your exercise regime, you may need to talk to a counselor. You keep nitpicking on your body and even wondering if you should go down to 90lbs. Talk to a counselor.
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    ^ im not really considering dropping to 90 pounds i was exaggerating to express my frustration. i dont have body dysmorphia i think i am thin overall i just feel thick in the midsection and want to work on it if i can.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphia.
    Yep.

OP, you're obsessing over things that aren't there. I'm not sure if your concern is genuine or you're just fishing for the compliments you inevitably receive in these threads, but nobody else sees what you're seeing.
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    I know I am being hard on myself and I am not fat or anything I guess I was just expecting to look better once I got to my goal. Now that I'm there I'm sort of disappointed and was hoping for better. I will just keep working out and eating healthy and hope things tighten up. Sorry if I am being too picky
  • trickycoolj
    trickycoolj Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, I can show you love handles. Seriously though, you have none. I think unfortunately fashion is the problem for all of us, start getting higher rise pants so they don't cut you right through your hips. Low slung pants are the most unflattering thing that ever happened and they've made their way into exercise pants and flannel pajama bottoms! Wear pants to flatter your shape and I bet you won't even notice anything to nitpick. It was hard for me at 25 to start buying higher rise pants (and I'm not talking mommy jeans!) and I was shocked at how much better my shirts flowed across my natural hip line and how much more flattering it was. People even commented asking if I had lost or anything and it was all just finding the right cut of clothes. Sounds like you've made great progress, so now start learning what flatters the new you, it's probably not the same as your former figure.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Girl! Last week it was back fat, this week its love handles! Your body is fantastic, you really need to talk to someone about your self image and be open to the possibility that it's dysmorphia. Be aware that a key symptom would be not recognizing that you have it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    there is no back fat. there are no love handles. i repeat, THERE IS NO BACK FAT AND THERE ARE NO LOVE HANDLES.

if you are seeing them in the mirror, please talk to a professional counselour that specializes in body issues. because you don't need to lose any more weight. please stop trying to lose weight or bodyfat that does not exist.

one more time. please stop trying to lose weight. if that is you in the photos, then you have no more bodyfat to lose. if you want to continue changing your body, it's time to start eating at maintenance and get serious about strength training.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Love handles are called love handles because they stick out like handles. There is no part of you sticking out in that area whatsoever: you have a very clean, curvy line from your waist to your hips.

Please listen to everyone. I'm glad that mfp is a place you can come and be told the truth.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Fat gets stuck to the fascia layer in our bodies and it's stubborn so all you need to do is unstick it by getting a massage therapist or yourself to pull on this area all around your waist and unstick it. It will look great after you get this kind of treatment done. I do this technique on so many clients and it works.

. . . . . :noway:

OP I think you're seeing things that aren't there,