Shakeology...

Options
Not sure if anyone is using this but is it worth it? Does it taste good? Any other suggestions or recommendations other than Shakeology? Pros and cons? What do you think?

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don't use them because they are exceptionally expensive, and if it isn't something you are planning to do for the rest of your life, it hardly benefits, because what happens when you come off them. Unless shakes are something you plan on doing the rest of your life, in which case do some research on them in comparison to your diet to see what you actually need. It may just be protein, in which case thats whey cheaper. If it's the fruit and vegetable components, those are easily made. Convenience is trickier, but you are likely to still find cheaper options for what you need.

My personal choice, I supplement with protein powder and greek yogurt, by replacing the cream I would have used with those in my morning coffee. A simple, and sustainable, and healthier to my mind choice, since I wasn't going to stop drinking coffee.
  • kmmcquay
    kmmcquay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on buying the shakeology just yet. I need to really think about it first. I'm already feeling like I'm leaning to a "no" because a) I can change my meal plans, shake it up, and lose weight naturally without shakeology. b) if I actually ordered it, I'm more worried about stopping shakeology because what if i gain it all back on?

i do not want that. I want to lead a healthy lifestyle.
  • cocolicious2
    cocolicious2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I personally tried more than 1 flavor and thought they were absolutely disgusting and way expensive. I ended up giving the whole thing away, I do know someone that drinks them up just fine. So when it comes to taste it just depends on you and then it also depends on what your budget allows.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I think a lot of people on the forums use some type of shake at some point in their diet. Some just use a protein powder or recovery formula after they work out. Others use a shake product for a breakfast or meal replacement. The big question is how you are going to use it.

I think most people would tell you that if you want to try Herbalife or ShakeO or anything else as a meal replacement, as soon as you stop, you will gain the weight back.

I have a coworker that makes his own morning smoothies by mixing kale leafs and protein powder and banana and other ingredients and swears by them.

I have a vita mix and have blended up some great smoothies in the past, although I do prefer real food.

Vega One is similar to ShakeO and cheaper, but I am not sure I would call anything that is only 135 cals a meal replacement. I wait until they go on sale at Whole Foods and buy them. I use them as a snack to tide me over until my next meal as they only sustain me for about 2 hours. What I like about Vega One is that it has fiber and protein and 50% of my daily vitamins. I drink about 6 or 7 shakes a month as I prefer eating food to drinking a shake. But, last week at work, I was so busy that I ate half of a leftover sandwich from a conference and drank a shake as I didn't have time to leave for food. I have heard that ShakeO tastes better than Vega One though. I did order some samples in Ebay just to taste. I also think there is a difference in the types of protein used. Vega One doesn't use Whey -- it might be more comparable to the Vegan formula (which I've hard doesn't taste as good).

Now, I do supplement with a multivitamin mix that really works well for me. I don't take vitamins every day, but I do take them about 4 or 5 times a week. I feel that I am healthier when I do take them. Bioavailability is really important to me and being able to take the product on an empty stomach. For years, I supplemented with New Chapter, which is USP (low quality) vitamins that are fermented with probiotics and other goodies. I can take those on an empty stomach. Now, I use Perricone packets, and I love the Health and Weight Management formula the best. They are super expensive though. I am supposed to take 3 packets, but I just take about 10 a week total -- so one a day sometimes and 2 a day at other times. I even skip a day now and then.

I really notice the difference in my skin and my hair.

Good luck on your journey and with your choices.
  • Parks0613
    Parks0613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people on the forums use some type of shake at some point in their diet. Some just use a protein powder or recovery formula after they work out. Others use a shake product for a breakfast or meal replacement. The big question is how you are going to use it.

I think most people would tell you that if you want to try Herbalife or ShakeO or anything else as a meal replacement, as soon as you stop, you will gain the weight back.

I have a coworker that makes his own morning smoothies by mixing kale leafs and protein powder and banana and other ingredients and swears by them.

I have a vita mix and have blended up some great smoothies in the past, although I do prefer real food.

Vega One is similar to ShakeO and cheaper, but I am not sure I would call anything that is only 135 cals a meal replacement. I wait until they go on sale at Whole Foods and buy them. I use them as a snack to tide me over until my next meal as they only sustain me for about 2 hours. What I like about Vega One is that it has fiber and protein and 50% of my daily vitamins. I drink about 6 or 7 shakes a month as I prefer eating food to drinking a shake. But, last week at work, I was so busy that I ate half of a leftover sandwich from a conference and drank a shake as I didn't have time to leave for food. I have heard that ShakeO tastes better than Vega One though. I did order some samples in Ebay just to taste. I also think there is a difference in the types of protein used. Vega One doesn't use Whey -- it might be more comparable to the Vegan formula (which I've hard doesn't taste as good).

Now, I do supplement with a multivitamin mix that really works well for me. I don't take vitamins every day, but I do take them about 4 or 5 times a week. I feel that I am healthier when I do take them. Bioavailability is really important to me and being able to take the product on an empty stomach. For years, I supplemented with New Chapter, which is USP (low quality) vitamins that are fermented with probiotics and other goodies. I can take those on an empty stomach. Now, I use Perricone packets, and I love the Health and Weight Management formula the best. They are super expensive though. I am supposed to take 3 packets, but I just take about 10 a week total -- so one a day sometimes and 2 a day at other times. I even skip a day now and then.

I really notice the difference in my skin and my hair.

Good luck on your journey and with your choices.

Exactly, Totally agree, what are you going use it for is the question... I use Protein as a snack or for recovery. I also mix it with greens and milk usually. I dont use it as a meal replacement as clean foods are the best for you. I use It Works Profit brand Love it! Totally affordable and tastes great