Heart Rate Monitors + Protein shakes.....

Options
2013sk
2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
Morning All...........

I want to invest in the above.... Anyone use these alot, and recommend any good HRM's and good protein shakes. I know I do not eat enough protein, chicken, eggs, nuts etc. So buy getting some shakes it will bump up my intake

As from Monday, I am really going to start working harder on fitness and monitoring my diet

Thanks x

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I use a polar ft60 but it has a lot of extra features that most people don't need. The polar ft4, ft40 and ft7 seem to be popular around here and cost a lot less. I'm not sure on the protein shakes, since I don't take them.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    For protein powder, I like Optimum Nutrition the best. They have so many different flavors like:

Banana Cream
    Caramel Toffee Fudge
    Chocolate Malt
    Chocolate Mint
    Cookies and Cream
    Delicious Strawberry
    Double Rich Chocolate
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    French Vanilla Creme
    Mocha Cappuccino
    Orange Cream
    Rocky Road
    Root Beer Float
    Strawberry Banana
    Tropical Punch
    Vanilla Ice Cream

I like Extreme Milk Chocolate the best. You can buy this at local health food stores or Amazon.com.
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can give you alot of information on heart rate monitors just tell me what features you are after?

I have a Polar FR60 can use it to upload data to the web and my PC for analysis, can create specific programs, good for creating HIIT style programs, mine come with foot prod so it allows me to see how many km's I have run for.

Depends how much you want to spend what you want it for as you can get ones that use GPS and will map say a run or bikeride you do on a google maps style to show where you have been.

Only thing I hate about heart rate monitors is with continued use they smell lol
  • 2013sk
    Options
    Thanks for this information, Very helpful!!!

I will have to have a look into the polar HRMs to see which one has the best reviews

Ohhhhh them protein shakes sound yummy - Especially the Mocha Cappuccino and Delicious Strawberry - Might have to place an order

Thank you
    xx
  • 2013sk
    Options
    Well I am working out at the gym burning 500/600 cals a time. And someone mentioned the gym machines are not always accurate, to get a HRM, So I would like one to tell me how many cals I am burning, my heart rate, and is there one to tell you how much fat you have burnt or your fat percentage?? As I am quite slim anyway, but I would like to loose body fat and really tone up. Dont mind how much they cost, as long as its a good one!!

Just looked on Holland and Barratts, and you can get two massive WHEY PROTEIN shakes for about £44 - Not bad I suppose??? Might have to take a trip there today

How many calories a shake are they???

xx
  • SwissDave
    SwissDave Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The Holland and Barrett home brand ones are vile, yes they're cheap but for a reason! I use CNP professional from affordable supplements, very low carbs and fat, 120 cals a serving and they have a pro-botic that stops me bloating. Not expensive if you buy the large containers.
  • TheChangingMan
    TheChangingMan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well I am working out at the gym burning 500/600 cals a time. And someone mentioned the gym machines are not always accurate, to get a HRM, So I would like one to tell me how many cals I am burning, my heart rate, and is there one to tell you how much fat you have burnt or your fat percentage?? As I am quite slim anyway, but I would like to loose body fat and really tone up. Dont mind how much they cost, as long as its a good one!!

Just looked on Holland and Barratts, and you can get two massive WHEY PROTEIN shakes for about £44 - Not bad I suppose??? Might have to take a trip there today

How many calories a shake are they???

xx

Take a look at the Polar FT7. That breaks down your workout into fat % lost. Bear in mind that they're all just an estimate but this one's good (IME).

Also, if you are already slim then you should give some thought to lifting and a good weights routine.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    definetly lift weights as said above.
    i dont know if you can buy from here but the NZ WPC is really cheap and has organic flavours (im from australia and can still buy it) i got 4kg for 150 buck including postage.
    www.professionalwhey.com
  • 2013sk
    Options
    Thanks for this info!!!

I am just starting on lifting weights now, All this time I have been using either the cross trainer, bike, or threadmill. I have 22.5% body fat, and would like to loose a few lbs, or get to 20%. Do you think this will be hard work. Currently weigh 139lbs or 62/63KG. Ideally I would like to be 60kg.

Going to get some protein shakes to have before/after a work out, and I need to stop eating cereal.

Lady at the gym just suggested i cut out diary from my diet, as small changes, I will see a big difference. I suppose where I have got lots of weight to loose, its going to ALOT harder to burn off

Thanks xx
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh them protein shakes sound yummy - Especially the Mocha Cappuccino

Mocha Cappuccino is my favorite (I mix w/ 1% milk). It almost feels like I'm cheating when I drink it.