Newbie Needs Motivation!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm on the look out for some friends who are trying to get in shape also! I've been at the "eat healthy, work harder" mantra for a week now and I'm already feeling a difference. I have an insatiable need for motivation! Please feel free to add me and hopefully we can help in each others journey!

Replies

• vanessajacka
    vanessajacka Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    U can add me. I've been at this for a month straight and trust me if I'm doing it you can too!! It gets easier as the days go bye. Don't give up I am taking it slowly about 2 lbs a week at the most. My husband and I decided to try it for at least 6 months so far so good. We log in everyday to track our calories and input our exercise. You can do this you will see results as long as you stay at your calories and do some type of physical activity.
  • jimosaurus42
    Options
    You can definitely add me! I have a couple friends on here and we all support each other. Positive reinforcement can really help!
  • Versandi3
    Options
    Thanks so much! I've been logging in everyday and tracking everything I eat! It seems like I've been going under my calories for the most part. But I've also been jogging and trying to increase my active level. I can feel my body purging toxins already. :)
  • jimosaurus42
    Options
    Definitely! Exercise is key! And eating healthy too. Your body will reward you for all your great choices!
  • katz41
    katz41 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ps as you can see there have been days where i have NOT followed my own advice!!
    wednesday was a case in point, terrible snacking!! lol!!
    when i can afford it im going to make my own vegan chocolate...mmmm
  • Versandi3
    Options
    Katz41, are you a vegan??? I was a vegan for 3 years! I miss it so much.
  • seph1978
    seph1978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Log in everyday and try to keep your food under your target calorie intake. I started in August 2012 and so far I have lost 57 lbs!
  • avneetgambhir
    avneetgambhir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, me too want to loose 20lbs :-). Just started on MFP, but am crossing my calorie limit almost every day. In dire need of some motivation :-)
  • vircin09
    Options
    Hello! Nice to meet you and congrats on your first week, that is very exciting. I actually started about two weeks ago and have been doing alright but I want to keep the momentum going!
  • Willhopper
    Options
    Hello from another newbie! The best and only advice I really have is that daily cardio works wonders (from previous experience, before joining). Also, find some awesome music to run / workout with :)
  • BigG1978
    BigG1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Been here for around a week and manged to find some good motivational friends already, however always on the look out for simlair minded peeps!

Feel free to add me guys, more than welcome - :smile:
  • Versandi3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! All the support is really inspiring. :)
  • Racquel1
    Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been on for a while but always looking for new friends :) good luck with your journey