How do I lose inches???

Options
I am now about 10lbs away from my goal weight (which is great, yay!) after having 2 boys (1 just 2 months ago) I am thrilled, I am "bouncing back" faster than after my 1st and yet I am the "biggest" inches wise that I have ever been...so how do I lose those inches?

I have been exercising, eating relatively healthy, trying not to eat at night, drinking lots of water and the pounds have come off but it's not helping me to tighten the flab and cut the inches...

Does anyone have any good workouts for cutting inches? Or tips on tightening the mid section after having a baby??? I was trying Insanity but I backed off that one, I just don't typically have an hour a day to work out, I have my newborn and a 4 year old and dogs so I get interrupted long before I make it through the entire hour in one shot, I know it's not ideal, but the father of both my boys is my ex-husband now so he's not around to help so I try to work out here and there instead of in one sitting...not ideal I know but I have to make it work.

Replies

• cgirly
    cgirly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I downloaded some workouts from the 'Women's Health' magazine website. There is one that I have been doing 20 mins 'Power Pairs' that has some great plank-type exercises that have made a noticeable difference to the sides of my waist (more than sit ups have). They also work other parts of the body at the same time so you tone up all over.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    strength training
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy!
  • hilary2005
    hilary2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm losing them doing the jillian micheals 30 day shred workout. You can find all 3 levels on YouTube. You do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days then level 3. I have been following the less intense workout with the girl on the right and still losing inches, but after I complete my first 30days, if I still have some to lose I may move to the more intense workout with the girl on the left.
    I bought the DVD from amazon after the first few times as its easier viewing on my tv than on YouTube but it was good trying it on YouTube first to see if I liked it. DVD less than £5