Any weight gainers here?

Options
Hey guys'n gals. Just curious to see if there are people trying to gain weight using this app. I've been trying for a while but struggling a bit. Thought I would reach out to the mfp peeps.

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm currently maintaining (not allowed to do heavy exercise for medical reasons right now, but should be able to get back into it very soon) but I'm aiming to gain lean body mass and reduce my body fat percentage, so I have phases of gaining lean mass and phases of cutting fat.
  • yasavi
    yasavi Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm trying to gain. I admit, it is infinitely harder than it sounds
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey guys'n gals. Just curious to see if there are people trying to gain weight using this app. I've been trying for a while but struggling a bit. Thought I would reach out to the mfp peeps.

have you tried pizza? ;)
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain about 10 lbs as well. I am running about 5 miles a week. And I lift M-Fri alternating muscle groups. It is tough to try and gain and put on muscle.

I eat healthy and believe me, it can sometime be very tough to get good quality calories in healthy foods without having to eat your weight in them.

For a good shake, try banana, avocado, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. (One with a decent amount of calories.

Any of you all want to add me, feel free to send me a FR. I do daily ON THE SPOT CHALLENGES on my wall and like to pump up and motivate others.
  • Calhoone
    Options
    Haha. I have had a slice of pizza or two. I was thinking of adding more cheese to my diet like you suggested BigJza. I'm consuming about 4000 calories a day right now. Some days a bit less as I find it to be almost a full time job having to make up the calories. I box about 3-4 days a week now and fit weights in on days I'm not boxing. I'm thinking ill try upping the calories to 5000 and see how that goes. It'll be tough.
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I know you're trying to get healthy weight, but I wish I could donate some your way :(
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    Not sure how clean you are wanting to eat but you could add ice cream to your protein shakes also. Get a big tub of decent ice cream and throw a cup or so in there.
  • Calhoone
    Options
    So far I'm on the see food diet. I'm eating fairly healthy for the most part. I have to stay away from too much dairy product as I'm lactose intolerant. The people I work with and my family suffers from my intolerance worse than I do. As corny weight training goes, I've been reading up and it would seem that squats, dead lifts, pull-ups and such are the main exercises to focus on right now.