Has anyone tried...

Options
Has anyone tried those shape up shoes? I see them on tv all the time and was just wondering.

Replies

• SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    They look ridiculous to me...
  • cardswimmom
    cardswimmom Posts: 71
    Options

Agree:laugh:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    They DO look funny, but I always look funny (and don't care what people think lol).

I'm interested in them because I walk a LOT on a daily basis. I commute to work on public transit :) I'm thinking they might give me an extra somethin' somethin'!

Curious to hear from those who have tried them.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair 5/2/10. I've used them 4 times.

When I wear them with a HRM and walk outside or on a treadmill I've noticed an increased calorie burn from doing the exact same activity in normal shoes.

My shoes also came with a workout DVD with a 15 minute and 30 minute workout. OMG I hurt for 3 days after doing the 30 minute one. I discovered muscles I didn't know that I had.

Long term I don't know what kind of results I'll see, but I can definately feel that they are working different muscles when I wear them.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My mom has them and she says they do work her butt. She had to only wear them like 2 hours a day at first because he muscles in her legs and butt were so sore. She also has several hurniated (sp?) disks in her back and neck and she said they alleviated some of the everyday pain from that. I'm getting the curves ones by Avon soon. ( http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=36393 for reviews << ) I'm interested in trying them. Several people I know have ordered some of those and have actually either bought a seconds pair or it's all they wear anymore.
  • emilymorene
    emilymorene Posts: 56
    Options
    I agree about the Sketcher ones. They are ugly! But there is another kind that I see on TV that looks like a regular shoe. I just can't think of who makes them.
  • Yurippe
    Options
    They DO look funny, but I always look funny (and don't care what people think lol).

I'm interested in them because I walk a LOT on a daily basis. I commute to work on public transit :) I'm thinking they might give me an extra somethin' somethin'!

Curious to hear from those who have tried them.

You not supposed to just buy a pair and start wearing them like regular shoes. On the first day you are only supposed to wear them for around 30 minutes and then increase your time daily by 5-10 minutes. My first day I made it about 20 minutes on a treadmill before I HAD to take a break.
  • Yurippe
    Options

They are ugly. That is the last thing I'm worried about when I exercise though. It's not a fashion show.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My friends has a pair and also says it makes her muscles in her bum and legs hurt a bit after continued use and let's face it, we don't get muscle soreness from general day to day walking around so they MUST do something!

I'm excited, FitFlop have FINALLY brought out some FitFlops which aren't so sporty and actually look like nice sandals so I'm getting some for my holiday!
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My mom has them and she says they do work her butt. She had to only wear them like 2 hours a day at first because he muscles in her legs and butt were so sore. She also has several herniated disks in her back and neck and she said they alleviated some of the everyday pain from that. I'm getting the curves ones by Avon soon. ( http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=36393 for reviews << ) I'm interested in trying them. Several people I know have ordered some of those and have actually either bought a seconds pair or it's all they wear anymore.

I am too! My aunt sell Avon so I had her order me up a pair! They weren't that much so I thought what the heck, even if they don't work as long as they don't hurt I will always need something to walk in.

Good luck with them! Maybe we can post sexy butt and leg pictures after wearing them! :wink:
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    The other brand besides Sketchers Shape-Ups are Reebok EasyTone.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of co-workers who purchased the Sketchers brand ($90) and the Reebok brand ($110). The co-worker who purchased the Reeboks has actually toned up considerably. I purchased a pair at Payless for about $30, They have both types there...the ugly ones with the thick sole and the ones that look like regular sneakers called STRIDE. I love them. I was able to wear them all day Saturday running my errands and I did not feel any different until I took them off at the end of the evening. That was when I felt like my legs had a good work-out. For $30, I feel like I made a great investment!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am too! My aunt sell Avon so I had her order me up a pair! They weren't that much so I thought what the heck, even if they don't work as long as they don't hurt I will always need something to walk in.

Good luck with them! Maybe we can post sexy butt and leg pictures after wearing them! :wink:

Heck ya! :) I think my order goes in on the 17th so I should have them soon :) Tight little butt...here we come!!!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I have a couple of co-workers who purchased the Sketchers brand ($90) and the Reebok brand ($110). The co-worker who purchased the Reeboks has actually toned up considerably. I purchased a pair at Payless for about $30, They have both types there...the ugly ones with the thick sole and the ones that look like regular sneakers called STRIDE. I love them. I was able to wear them all day Saturday running my errands and I did not feel any different until I took them off at the end of the evening. That was when I felt like my legs had a good work-out. For $30, I feel like I made a great investment!

That is pretty cool that Payless has some that will do the same thing for way less $$! Thanks for sharing!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    haha the Reebok commercial of these shoes are my bf's personal favorite commercial! haha
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Reebok as both a "reetone" for walking and a "runtone" for running. They look like regular shoes.. no weird, huge soles. I love mine. I can tell a difference in my workout and I have shaped up in the legs and butt!
  • dbniles
    dbniles Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a pair of Dr. Scholls. I got them at Sears for $50.00. I wear them all day and I must say they are great. I definately feel the difference when I am walking and when I take them off. I will definately buy another pair.
  • emilymorene
    emilymorene Posts: 56
    Options
    Thank you for all of your help!! I will look into getting some because my legs, thighs, and butt needs it!! lol
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I just purchased the Reetones about a week ago. A little pricy, but I justified it because I needed new black work shoes, as well as new work out shoes. I haven't used them long enough to know for sure if its them and not my regular exercise, HOWEVER, because of the way they work, I've noticed a HUGE improvement in my posture. I never realized how much I over-pronated when I was walking (walking on the outside of my foot), and these shoes are really starting to correct that, and I am becoming more aware of the way I position my feet when I walk without them. The result? My knees have gotten a LOT stronger (and more balanced) and my inner thighs are working a lot harder when I walk, even without them. So to me, even if they do nothing more, they are already worth it. Who knows what damage I was doing to my knees walking around before.

Alsooo, I have noticed they make squats absolutely brutal haha. It seriously feels like your on a stability ball the entire time. BRUTAL! But going to end in killer results, I'm sure =)
  • gpies
    gpies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been so curious about these but haven't heard much from people that are actually wearing them. Thank you for posting some of these "reviews". I love to hear about things that are working for others.