Teacher's Day

Options
Jaulen
Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
So teacher appreciation day is coming up, and I was wondering from any teachers on here, what are some good teacher gift ideas. My boy is in preschool right now.

Last year I did a Mara stoneware coffee mug stuffed with 2 Choco Love chocolate bars, other random candies, starbucks instant coffee packs (flavored and plain), an assortment of colored sharpie markers.

(I know, I go a little nuts with these small type gifts.....heck, Halloween was paper bags made to look like pumpkins stuffed with about $2 worth of toys and candy......valentines bags this year are heart decorated paper bags filled with assorted chocolate hearts, a sucker, gummy hearts, hard candy hearts, and hand made heart name tags for the front of the bags....I just can't help myself.....it's a compulsion)

Replies

• melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    All of those sound amazing and I would appreciate it so much! From my experience, you can't go wrong with good supplies (e.g. sharpies (!), dry erase markers, etc.), coffee and gift cards.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    coffee,coffee,cofee....and chocolate:happy: (am a Special ED Teachers Aide)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What sort of supplies?

I was thinking of doing a supply box (along with coffee and chocolates :) Can never have too much coffee and chocolate)
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Maybe some school supplies he/she can use around the classroom.

Or candles. You can never go wrong with a good-smelling candle or two
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    What I like the most is supplies. Tissues, sanitizer, santizer wipes. I know I'm weird.

I don't like Coffee.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had no idea...
    I am in england, can I get a teachers'day?

At Christmas we get stuff, which is good. Toiletries and choc are usual. All very accceptable and appreciated.
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sharpies, Dry Erase markers, post it notes and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Good chocolate though ie. Lindt, Lindor, Godiva.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    When I was interning in a first grade classroom, my mentor teacher was dieting so she gave me all her fancy valentine's day candy! =D I've heard a lot of teachers say they like gift cards because then they can get specific items they need for their classroom or ask neighboring teachers if they have heard your son's teacher mention anything they want. That be such a great surprise! All in all teachers love any bit of appreciation they can get even if its a note and a small snack or something.
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    teacher appreciation day - really??? Why don't we get one of those in the UK?
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    teacher appreciation day - really??? Why don't we get one of those in the UK?

Exactly don't feel appreciated as a teacher at all these days
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had no idea...

At Christmas we get stuff, which is good. Toiletries and choc are usual. All very accceptable and appreciated.

Yes, I will need to let parents know that I have stopped drinking though as I get lots of wine lol
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Gift card. That way she can pick what she wants.
  • luv2eduk8
    luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This website has some good ideas.

http://www.skiptomylou.org/teacher-appreciation/
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I had no idea...

Yes, I will need to let parents know that I have stopped drinking though as I get lots of wine lol

Once somebody gave me a melon at Christmas. I laughed at the time but would be extremely grateful now!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Anything you do will be appreciated. I taught high school so I didn't get a lot of parents doing that sort of thing, but when they did it was awesome. I second chocolate/coffee, and I was an art teacher so any kind of supplies. I really appreciated supplies like colored sharpies and big erasers. But again, any sign of appreciation is going to be well-received.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Definitely gift cards: to Starbucks, Amazon, a local indie bookstore. I am the proud owner of 23 Starbucks gift cards. . . when I visit my daughters in San Francisco, it can always be my treat when we are out shopping.

And I always want books for my classroom library more than anything else. So funds to add titles to the library are more than welcome.
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    if you're in America, a bullet proof vest!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    In my school district all the teachers drive better cars than I do, so they can get me something.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    My students always seem to give me Starbucks cards in small amounts and I am VERY appreciative. :happy:

Chocolate is always great, too! However, I don't expect anything, so any little token of appreciation is nice. I keep all of the cards in my "smile file" and look back at them every now and then.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    that's so sweet of you to ask! Why can't all parents be like you. In the past I have appreciated gift cards or a $5 iTunes gift cards are thoughtful. I've also received a lot of monogrammed purses and such. :)