day 2 & yesterday I recorded every bite & sip

heathernyc
heathernyc Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
so I over did my calories by 409! Sadly wine took up more than I realized. I think if I just gave that up it would make a huge difference! but I love having wine with food in the evenings!! anyone else experience this?

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Heya,

Of course everyone likes a glass of wine with a meal, me included! I try to limit my alcohol to the weekend ie a glass of wine on a Friday evening with my meal or something and I try and burn lots of calories Saturday and Sunday so I can have a couple in the evening. You should be able to enjoy a small glass of red with your evening meal easily but it depends how healthily you are eating :-)

Mimi x
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Yep...not with wine, but foods. I use my workout calories for extras that I normaly can't have, and I plan ahead as well. Sit down and plan out what your eating and drinking before you do it, and try to stick to the plan. This way you can have what you want, and not go over. :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Yes. I was thinking wine was not high in calories (should have realized it comes from a fruit) and went over one day off FOUR ounces of wine... eep! I try not drink much alcohol anyway... I've seen how much it hinders my weight loss so I'm trying to keep it to MAYBE 1 drink every 2 weeks until I get to my goal weight and can figure out my body's tolerance for it better.

PS - For those who think it's okay to use extra calories for alcohol: I thought it was okay too until I realized how much it makes me retain water. BE CAREFUL because it can set you back a week or 2 weeks even with one glass.
  • heathernyc
    heathernyc Posts: 4
    thanks - I need to readjust what I drink as well as what I eat - congrats on your weight loss!!
This discussion has been closed.