Breakfast Ideas Anyone

Options
2»

Replies

• tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    This morning I had a 3 egg omelette with cheddar cheese, onions, bell peppers, chicken and roasted garlic salsa.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    great big bowl of awesome.

um no, really eggs. poached. but i eat two everyday and now i have the cholesterol fear. so i'm going to switch to one.
    porridge and frozen berries in the winter.
    pitta bread with banana and peanut butter.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Everyday.....I do a 6 egg white omelet with a slice of reduced fat swiss cheese, 1 tbls of salsa, and a slice of sara lee 45 cal multi grain bread (toasted). My wife has the same but with 3 egg whites. Takes about 8 minutes to make everything. Fast, easy, cheap, and taste good. Everything I like. I change the cheeses around everytime we go through a package. American, pepperjack, swiss or choose your favorite. Add onions, mushrooms peppers or your fav veg.
  • daisiesinmay
    daisiesinmay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In a non-egg related idea... I've been doing Green Smoothies for the last few weeks and it has been a great way to add more fruit and veggies to my diet. Here is the recipe I started from...
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-green-monster-smoothie.html
  • thenewchiz
    Options
    Cut a medium size hole in the center of a slice of bread (I use a juice glass for speed, but you can use a cookie cutter). I put it in a pan and then fry an egg in the middle. I don't like to eat too much bread, but I like a little bit...it's like an egg sandwich, but with less bread and more egg.
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Lower-fat version of chilequiles: cut a corn tortilla into strips, cook in a hot pan with some Pam until they're slghtly crisp. Scramble two eggs into that. Top with a little redued-fat cheese, serve with salsa. Deelish!
  • Racquel1
    Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I find that porridge or wheatabix with slices of banana is a great breakfast as it keeps you fuller for longer! :)
  • rachelchun18
    Options
    thanks everyone. now i have lots of choices to try!
  • rachelchun18
    Options
    Sounds DELICIOUS!
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread - Blues Bread, 1 slice
    Kraft - Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
    1 Egg - Scrambled,
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This is a featured recipe from Chef Devin Alexander.

To save time in the morning, pulse the tomatoes, basil and garlic as you prepare dinner the night before you plan to enjoy this divinely decadent breakfast. Then store it in an airtight plastic container in the refrigerator overnight to save precious moments in the morning.

3 Roma tomatoes, cored and quartered
    8 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed
    2 medium garlic cloves, trimmed and quartered
    4 whole grain English muffins
    Olive oil spray
    2 slices Jennie-O Turkey Store Turkey Bacon, cut into roughly 1/4-inch squares
    4 Jennie-O Lean Turkey Sausage Breakfast Links, chopped into small pieces
    1-1/3 cups liquid 100% egg whites
    2 cups frozen mixed bell peppers and onions
    3 ounces finely shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil.

Pulse the tomatoes, basil and garlic in a food processor, stopping to scrape the sides, once or twice, as needed, until they’re coarsely chopped (they should be chopped as small as possible without becoming liquefied).

Place the English muffin halves, insides face-up, side by side on the prepared baking sheet. Bake them until toasted, about 4 to 6 minutes.
    Mist a medium nonstick skillet with spray. Add the bacon and sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned on the outsides. Add the onion and pepper mixture and continue cooking until the sausage is no longer pink inside and all excess moisture is removed from the pan, about 4 to 6 minutes.

Meanwhile, mist a second medium, nonstick skillet with spray. Place it over medium high heat. Pour the egg into the skillet. When it is set enough that the egg won’t run, use a spatula to cut the egg into quarters. Flip each quarter and continue cooking them until set. Cut each quarter in half (you should have 8 egg “wedges”).

Divide the tomato mixture among the toasted muffins, spreading it evenly over them. Top each with one “piece” of egg. Then top that with the cheese then the meat and pepper mixture. Bake them until the cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.

Makes four 2-muffin-half servings.

Per serving: 307 calories, 26 g protein, 29 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 39 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 668 mg sodium.