2nd week in - must try harder

Options
Afternoon all,

well 2nd week in and no loss this week, i'm not whinging because i know I've not found that "balance" quiet yet, still tempted to have something i haven't planned for and missing tracking the odd thing.............................report this week would read, "must try harder". :)

Does anyone have any tips that they used in the first few weeks to keep themselves in the groove, so to speak,

PS: i am a creature of habit (I eat the same b/fast and lunch mostly every day and no i don't find it boring) so once i get in the zone with the new habits I'm okay, but find it hard to break the old routine

Replies

• swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Don't really have any tips, but I would just focus on making sure you're logging everything, and logging accurately.

Also, weight loss is usually not linear, so there will be weeks where you do everything right and STILL don't lose, so don't feel discouraged quite yet. If you haven't lost anything a few weeks from now, then take a good look at what you've tried and see if there's anything you can change.
  • tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    106 posts and its your first week?

where are you at, what's your goal?

are you working out to, that could throw things off when your gaining muscle as fast as loosing fat.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight?how many calories are you eating,what macros are you following?what physical activity do you do?hard to tell why without knowing this detail.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips that they used in the first few weeks to keep themselves in the groove, so to speak,

Having a goal beyond weight loss. For me, it was wanting to be able to run a 5k, so I did the Couch to 5k plan. For others, it might be finishing all 30 days of the 30 day shred, or meeting some kind of monthly mileage goal for walking, or being able to squat their body weight, or just hitting the gym 3x a week every week. But I knew that even if the scale wasn't being cooperative, I was still doing SOMETHING positive that would improve my health.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I took logging VERY seriously do not cheat at all. It's important to be hoenst with yourself and for me it makes me second guess picking up that soda versus a bottle of water or choosing my portions carefully. I don't deprive myself I just make better choices.
    I choose rice snacks over potato chips. I drink flavored zero calroie water over a can of soda. I force myself to push through my excercise plan 5 days a week and continue to add things to push myself. MFP has me at 1400ish calories and most days with excercise I don't even need that many. I use webistes like Skinny taste and Skinny kitchen to make great meals.

Going to the gym I started on a stationary excercise bike at 15 -20 minutes at low intensity and then would do the treadmill walk at a 2.0 incline at a 2.0-3.0 pace. Just with these small things..I dropped 7.2 lbs since last Sunday. It works and I have PCOS which can make weight loss a challenge in it's own ways. You just have to find the inner motivation to want it. Good luck.
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, good point, 2nd week of my 3rd go, over 3 years LOL.............................i'll get there eventually