need advice...

Options
Dos anybody have any suggestions on how to motivate yourself to get up early to workout. I'm not a morning person but I do feel better when I workout in the morning. I would have to be up at 5 to workout and I do set my alarm but when it goes off at 5 I just turn it off and then roll back over and go back to sleep. I want to be able to workout in the morning and also workout in the evening. I have no problems in the evening just the morning session. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks

Replies

• themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Nope! But if you get an answer - let me know! :happy:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helps me get up early to run on the weekends is that I have a running partner that I meet. So, I suggest getting a workout buddy and leaving the house to hit the gym or run... if you can. I am not motivated to work out at home period. I have to be at a gym or running outside.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Not a morning person. That said, I have begun stretching in my backyard while the dog does her morning business! I can't believe how much better I feel all day long after doing this!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    once you push yourself and see results, i bet you jump up at 5 am.
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I sleep in my workout clothes. Have coffee started on a timer and the oatmeal out. TheHARDEST part of a morning workout is the plit second it takes to lift from the pillow and stand up. That is the hardest hurdle. Once you stand - you will go.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    i agree with sabes and everyone else. Once you get up and work out and you have that energy all day... you will want to do it the next day. Also, make sure you get 8 hours before so you're not staying in bed because you're "tired".
  • lindseybrooks
    Options
    I am not a morning person at all, but last week I started getting up and working out in the mornings, and sabes is right, the HARDEST part is just getting your head off the pillow -- once you do it for a few days, it become a habit and it is a fabulous feeling! ALSO -- you sleep a lot better, and go to bed earlier, so it all evens out. Some days I work out twice, but other times I get home from work, put on my PJ's and sit on my couch, and can do it without feeling guilty now because I have already worked out!
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    eeew mornings are hard for me! I am trying to do the same thing!!!! I got up this morning at 5:30 but did not workout...I did manage to get a load of laundry done,vacuum,mop,and clean one of the bathrooms. Then when the babies got up at 9am I got them dressed, fed them breakfast, and went on a 40 mim walk!~You just have to get up! It is hard because I am used to sleeping until 8am~ THen it takes me forever to wake up...so I am work in progress but if you find a miracle solution let me know because I need morning motivation too!