Hi from newbie in Texas!

Options
Hi all! My name's Christi and I'm 31 years old. I'm a mom to three kids - two boys ages 5 & 3, and a little girl who's almost 5 months old. I lost a lot of weight (baby weight & a little more) after my first son was born, but gained it all back with my second child, who was born just 20 months later. Now I'm trying to lose about 45 pounds, which feels insurmountable some days! My friend (verdouxkai) introduced me to MyFitnessPal and I'm excited to have a community for support, and an easy tool for tracking my calories.

Replies

• cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i started last week im for dallas. what part of tx are you from?
  • dll2013
    dll2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Christi from another Texas native. You can do this. I wish I had kept off all the weight I have lost through the years. It will affect your health later on if you don't get it off. Good luck, you got this.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I grew up in Fort Worth but now live in west Texas.
  • glitter67
    glitter67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there... Welcome to MFP... Feel free to add me if u like :) Alison x
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a friend living in Highland Village (think that is the name) Welcome! Feel free to add me, ya'll :wink:
  • Alexandros69
    Options
    Welcome ^_^
  • tridiv
    tridiv Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck with your goal, feel free to add me
  • texastango
    Options
    Hi all! My name's Christi and I'm 31 years old. I'm a mom to three kids - two boys ages 5 & 3, and a little girl who's almost 5 months old. feels insurmountable some days! My friend (verdouxkai) introduced me to MyFitnessPal and I'm excited to have a community for support, and an easy tool for tracking my calories.

Hi Christi, Hello from TEXAS and back at you. It's not insurmountable as you know and there are some tricks to managing plateus and understanding not only calorie counts in the beginning, but to slowly for most, fast for some, your lifestyle of eating choices. Lowering cals and burning more is the beginning. Picking the right foods and timing come a bit later. Eating the right types of fat that are heart healthy. Spreading carbs, protein and fat out so that you get the proper benefit, and knowing generally when to eat and when not to.

All in all you'll get there. Get educated guidance and support from MFP and all your friends. Add me if you like. Always great to help someone out when you can....and you're a neighbor. Congrats on the additions to your family. AWESOME>
  • lesleygradek
    lesleygradek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I joined just after Thanksgiving and am down 17lbs,weighed today. I do each Sunday,same time butt naked,before excersise and food.
    Today is my first posting and PLEASE add me to your support/friend list. We all need motivation especially when the going gets tough.
    I am 63 and joined Zumba recently. LOVE IT. Also have treadmill and stationary bike along with Bowflex,in our home. I use them for 1 1/2hrs each day but sunday. Zumba is x4 week. I find variation for exercise important to me.
    Goals I do in 10lb lots.Guess it is the mind thing.
    Have yoyoed all my life and this is the 1st time I have actually developed the eating habits I can live with the rest of my life.
    Husband is supporting me and that helps a lot. He eats anything including Tofu, that is put in front of him.
    Best of luck and keep posting.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome... Feel free to add me if you would like. I'm a Dallas native!
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add me! I grew up in Dallas, went from state to state for a few years, and here I am again in Texas. Quinlan, TX is just east of Dallas. You will find this site to be the best thing to ever happen to you in the weight battle -- so far I've lost 50 pounds with the help of this site. I had lost 60 pounds prior to joining. So, hang in there, it can be done! I'm living proof.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Antonio! feel free to add me as well ;)
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could! LOL... I'm down here in the Gulf! I could use some more MFPartners!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Going to add people now. :)
  • JohnK580
    JohnK580 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I grew up in West Texas and live in the Ft. Worth area now.