Crazy Question Please Help

Options
When i finish on my elliptical and then about 5 minutes of jumping jacks, is it bad to go in the house and sit down for a few minutes or do i need to keep moving? That is one problem for me i like to sit for about 10 - 15 minutes after exercise!

Replies

• annakommers
    annakommers Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i guess everyone's different but i HAVE to stretch after exercise, if i don't i get so sore i cant workout for several days
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Different for alot of people. For me, if I take a week off then I would need to stretch. If not, I could sit down with no consequence too. Stretching is usually always suggested, however.
  • runningwild00
    Options
    I don't think there is anything you absolutely have to do. Whatever feels good for you. I need to stretch out a little after working out. If your body hurts because you exercise then just sit, then maybe try to stretch and see how you are. But if you are feeling just fine, go for it!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are cooling down for at least a minute - walking, stretching, whatever - you should be able to do what you want to do. Not so crazy a question! :smile:
  • rachelchun18
    Options
    see when i sit down after exercise, i feel lazy! lol I feel like because I'm sitting down that my exercise ain't gonna work....i was just wondering if that is ok or if I'm supposed to keep moving after exercise. Thanks everyine for the advice.