looking for real food, whole food, clean eating friends!

Options
I love my mfp friends but I don't have many that eat the same way I do. About a month ago I adopted a whole foods diet. I eat 90% fruits, veggies, meat, nuts, seeds, beans, dairy but there are a few minimallly processed foods that sneak their way into my diet that I'm just too lazy to make myself (I'm not making my own nut milk, mayo or butter! lol maybe at some point I'll change my mind) or I refuse to throw away and will only replace with a healthier option once I use up! I don't follow a particular plan (paleo/primal, etc) I just make sure to eat mostly whole foods.

Now as fair warning my calories are quite low most days. This is not because I'm trying to starve myself, it's because switching from a nearly 100% processed foods diet to a whole foods diet has really changed my appetite! It's amazing to me how I have almost no cravings and how little I get hungry. Being that I've been overweight and have overeaten my whole life, I refuse to force feed myself. I have no doubt that over time, my body will adjust and I will start taking in a "normal" amount of calories.

So please friend request me if you're looking for like-minded friends!!! :-)

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bumping....I know you're out there!!! :wink:
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love this. I'm moving towards the same type of eating style. I've made tremendous changes in the way I eat. I still slip up now and again, but I try my hardest to stick with REAL food. Minimally processed, small ingredient lists, non-gmo, organic when possible, "insert buzzword here".

You get the drift. Sending friend request now
  • shanse21
    Options
    Adding you! I tend to keep towards a clean/whole food diet myself. I'm also totally with you re: cals. Between the higher volume of food and working out, my appetite has diminished significantly. It's starting to think about coming back now, though!
    On the whole, my body feels so much happier on a clean diet.
  • Nightlotus
    Options
    I almost do it like you do! There's a few things i get that's in a wrapper/bottle/package, but not much. With my PCOS I lose better eating this way.
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have just been looking into this and I am scared to commit. I did watch Forks over Knives last night and thats even scarier! Not the food...plant based diet..the food we already eat scares me. Love to hear how its going for those of you on the journey already. I find it exhausting to try and hunt up the things on the 100 day list....middle Iowa doesn't stock many medjool dates.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'd say I eat clean around 80 - 90% of the time. If you look at my diary and see things like "pumpkin soup" or "dahl" or whatever they will always be things I've cooked from scratch.

I'm not obsessive about it though. I eat bread and soy milk and when I eat out I don't worry (usually once a week or so). This way of eating works for me, being too hard core would make life here very difficult.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I eat whole foods also, well as much as my budget allows at the moment. lots of homemade items, lean meats, veggies. items with little extra ingredients etc... I prefer organics, although I occasionally have some quicker foods, since my hubby can't cook from scratch. I found that the healthier you eat, the less the junk tastes good. I still have weaknesses for some sugary things, dark chocolate, and crunchy salty items..
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am eating almost the same way as you are. Request on the way.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    would love to see a group formed with you all... be fun and interesting exchanging ideas, recipes & thoughts in a group format!

Let me know if anyone's is in favor of that?:flowerforyou:
  • kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm on a strict paleo diet now. (Whole30) another month and a half of this and them I'm gonna change it to 90%/10%. Add me if ya'll want to!
  • kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    would love to see a group formed with you all... be fun and interesting exchanging ideas, recipes & thoughts in a group format!

Let me know if anyone's is in favor of that?:flowerforyou:
    . This