30-Day Shred kicked my butt!

Options
I was on day 50 of P90X an I loved it, but it was too much of a time commitment when my husband works 12-hour days and I have a toddler and a 7-month old. So....today I gave 30-Day Shred a shot and it kicked my *kitten*! I even found it harder than P90X...is that weird? Anyone else find the same thing?

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    what is the 30 day schred?
  • simplykim419
    simplykim419 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today and thought I was going to die. I have been walking for about 2 weeks now and thought I was ready to add something else. But I will do this again tomorrow.
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    Ive heard people talking about P90X, what is that?
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    what is 30 day shred??
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've tried both, and was at different fitness levels for each, but the shred is an allover, full-body, fairly intense workout. P90x is more concentrated on a certain muscle group for each workout, so you don't wear out your entire body all at once. According to Jillian her short workouts substitute hours of "honing it in at the gym!" She must be right, huh? I REALLY need to get back on the 30-day shred again. I kept starting level one and making it 4 days and then getting side tracked. Maybe I will start back on it tonight! And kudos to you for finding any time to work out at all with all you've got going on!! Keep it up!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    I had been exercising regularly for two months when I decided to try the 30 Day Shred.
    The first day I could only do ten minutes. I finished the second day but then I was so absolutely sore I couldn't do it for two days.
    Today will be Day 7 on Level 1. It makes me feel stronger every day I finish. It's most certainly one hell of a workout! I'm afraid to start level two soon! Good luck to all of you doing it :)
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! Whew!

For those that asked:

The 30-Day Shred is a 20min long workout from Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser). There are three levels (each 20min long) and you do each level for 10 days. The DVD is $9 at Wal-Mart or similar places, I got mine at Future Shop.

P90X in an intensive 90-day workout from www.beachbody.com. You workout everyday and each day you do something different, and also follow a nutrition plan. If you stick with it and do as you are told, you get amazing workouts. Time-wise, its a big commitment since the workouts range from 45min to an hour and a half. You can get the DVDs from the beach body website or Wal-Mart. It runs about $130 for the 12 DVDs.
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    thanks for explaining the difference... I'm a huge fan of Biggest Loser, and try to work out on every commercial (run on the spot, sit ups etc) so that I feel like i'm doing a bit better than just sitting on the couch, watching people get fit. i'll have to check out the 30day shread though!
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.