alkaline water

Options
im not one to fall for fad diets but my friend switched to alkaline water withought diet or anything and her stomach looks 4-6 inches smaller or about 5-10lbs tinier. she said she's been falling off the wagon and eating like crap but just switched to alkaline water. i'm actually baffled and convinced after seeing her stomach shrink that small in a week.

any studies?
any discussions?
anything?!

Replies

• earthpagan87
    Options
    I don't know anything about this, but anything that deals with " water" of any sort is probably just loosing water weight. dehydration will do the same thin. not that i would recommend that of course. :)
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard about it being a "fad diet" thing but its healthier for you in general. My dad only drinks it and bought the thing to put on his kitchen tap. Its good but I don't know about it being a weight loss tool other than it just being water.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Is she following an alkaline diet?

The water wouldn't do the trick.

Yes i am familiar with the program, i am kind of doing it now. I do have pH drops but i really don't use them. I do make green drink though.
    i said NO diets
    thats like the one thing i emphasized
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Considering that the pH of your stomach would instantly neutralize the alkalinity of the water, and the fact that your body has many mechanisms to keep your pH in a narrow range, I don't think this has any merit.