College students looking to lose a lot?

I'm a college freshman studying anthropology! Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that "grew up fat" - my family's meals were always carb and meat heavy without other nutrients, and I was always encouraged to get multiple portions, so I never even thought about limiting myself.
But now that I'm (mostly) independent, I've decided to change. I'm a vegetarian, eat much better, exercise regularly, and I'm training for a 5k in May - I've already lost 14 pounds! I'm still looking to lose 40+ more though, so if you're on a similar journey, or just want a new friend, hmu!

Replies

• lauraenglandx
    lauraenglandx Posts: 4 Member
    I'm studying marketing alongside my job, I believe it works slightly differently to american eduction here in the UK. I am quite the opposite, I wasn't 'bought up fat' I was actually incredibly thin up until around a year ago after I turned eighteen. From getting a job I was able to afford to go out and eat more often, order takeaways and go out to the pub (and drinking alcohol is always bad). So I have put weight on that way. I am training for a 5k run too! For a cancer charity in June! Good luck to you.

Laura x