30 Days Shred. Check!

Options
So I tried 30day shred last year but stopped 4days short when we left to Vegas for our anniversary. Right after our trip, we spent a month in hotels when we moved across the country for a new job. 1month in hotels = I can no longer lock my buttons and my size L tops looking like I need a size xl. I tried the 4hour body diet in dec and realized it was a waste of time. I would loose 5lbs during the week, gain it all back on the mandatory cheat day and then spend the next week loosing the 5lbs I gained on cheat day only to regain it on the next cheat day. It was a mess. Jan 1st, I decided to loose weight the old fashion way ; no gimmicks, no huge promises. It might take time but at least I would consistently loose weight. Jan 4th I started 30ds and calorie counting - 1200 to be exact. About 3days a week it needed up being 1500. I tried adding on cardio but ended up doing that only 2x a week. Long story short: I did it. All 30days, didnt take a break to avoid loosing momentum. I started with level 2 since it was the most difficult level for me so i wanted to get that out of the way.level 2,3 then 1. I ate clean during the week but enjoyed my carbs(bread and rice) during the weekends. Am soooo not sure what to do next. I got bored the last 8days of 30ds, not sure if I want to do ripped in 30 right after. Am open to any suggestion.
BW: 198.6 waist 39inches
CW: 190.6 waist 38inches but look like I lost a lot more.plus I can lock my buttons and look good in my size L shirts ;)

Replies

• steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to update my ticker.
  • Simonino
    Simonino Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I get easily bored, so I try to mix it up as much as I can, every day I do a different workout, I have all Jillian Michaels dvd's and I do a different one each day, I also try zumba and tae bo! Good luck!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Finishing 30DS is definitely a huge success. It is a hard program! (I have a few days left to finish.) Congratulations! And Congratulations on the loss!

FWIW, the good thing about RI30 is that there are 4 workouts instead of 3, so hopefully you don't get bored as easily. Plus, RI30 is designed to never repeat a move in a later workout, also so you won't get bored. We have a group for February, if you're interested.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11717-ripped-in-30-partners
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies. thats what i heard aboutRI30 so am hoping it will be better. i just bought a kettle bell. i have a week long trip coming up in 2weeks so am going to alternate running 2miles in 30mins and working out with the kettle bell then i'll do RI30 in march. But i'll stay in touch with the group am sure i'll learn some helpful tips.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!