231 Days In.... with picture!

Options
Just wanted to remind you all to keep going. Being 231 days in I have felt like some days all this hard work and effort has not paid off exactly the way I wanted it to. When the scale doesn't move you automatically may feel dissapointed, like you are not doing something right, or working as hard as you should. But it's days like THESE when you pull out an old pair of pants and see that the hard work and effort IS paying off!

These pants were so tight on me last summer; my muffin top hung over the top and when I sat down they were extremely tight on my thighs that it made it uncomfortable to move. I pulled these out of my closet and was able to pull them up without even unzipping or using the button. They are approximately 2 sizes too big - I could pull them up way over where my muffin top USED to be and even do some squats in them comfortably :)

This is one of the many benefits I have had on my journey. Luckily for me my face thinned out first, which has given me so much more confidence. My boobs seem much bigger because my belly no longer sticks out past them when I look down at myself. And I can pick something out to wear and feel happy about walking out the door without having to change 3x.

I am 5'4 -- started at 278 lbs 7 months ago and am currently down 37 lbs. I have dropped about 20 inches off my body total.

I started off just with quitting soda and juice and replacing it with all water and green tea and occasional iced coffee. I try to fill up on lean meats, lots of protein, low carb and try for low sugar.

I got a membership to the gym about 3 months ago and dedicate atleast 4 days a week - on top of that I currently just signed up for two 6 week boot camps and my goal this year is to drop 66 lbs and try a new activity each month!

I also have a terminally ill disease, cystic fibrosis - so I am here to tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS if I can!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck.

More photos on my page and facebook :) Inbox me if you wanna be friends! Im here to support you <3

qznn8k.jpg

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,084 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great.
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    wow - great job!!! you look great!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Heyyy friend!! What an inspirational post!!! U shld be sooo proud & U go girl!! :)
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    awesome!
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great going! Keep it up!
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story Felicity. You look great and I know you'll reach your goal for 2013!
  • leastar128
    Options
    You look so amazing my friend!! What an awesome transformation! You are such an inspiration to me in helping me realize I just have to keep going and not give up the fight!! THANK YOU and you are amazing.
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm so proud of you! your post made me tear up!!!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    We are so proud of you! Keep up the good work! You've been an inspiration to a lot of folks, including me!
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look great and keep inspiring people like me to lose weight to be healthy, I know its a long journey but one day we will all get there with hardwork.:happy:
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome, that is wonderful progress! :)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Terrific post! Totally agree about the old clothes! The scale isn't always the best measure. You are very inspirational!
  • gia1993
    gia1993 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Excellent work... :-)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, you look fantastic!
  • goodtim2
    Options
    I love your dedication and not letting your illness be a crutch!!! You are a very inspirational person to look up too! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!