Question about Xbox kinect Zumba workout

Options
When I do my Zumba workout on the xbox, it gives me my stats at the end of the workout. It tells me I've burned 1052 calories for the workout I've done. Is this even possible?? LOL I don't record that many cals burned here, but since it's kinect (and it "scans" your body), I'm wondering if it is, indeed, accurate. It's a 50-minute workout. Opinions?

Replies

• raven617
    raven617 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you have Zumba core or Zumba Rush? I have the Zumba core and for a 57min workout med intensity it said I burned 190 cals....So it could also depend on which version you have for the kinect.
  • amanda12404
    amanda12404 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the exact same thing. I just started working out. I have Zumba Rush and did the short workout...like 5 songs and medium intensity and it said I burned 297 calories. I did go into the profile and set up my height, weight, and gender.
  • FitChicFab2013
    Options
    I had a really high calorie burn too and ended up logging it here as 60 minutes general dance to bring the cals down. I've got Zumba rush.
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    50 minutes and 1000+ calories? You are right to doubt, that seems quite impossible. Even fusion cardio/weights at that length burns only half that. Sorry :brokenheart:
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I use an HRM for my Zumba Core workouts. I burn about 350 cals for a 45 minute medium intensity workout and about 470 calories for a one hour high intensity workout. I"m 5'2" and 120 lbs. I think their calculations aren't correct.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Rush and did an hour workout. The program said I burned 1300+ calories while my HRM had 600+. So I would suspect that the calories reported are high. For myself, I'd probably cut them in half.