How are burpees not in the database?

Options
Really? I'd love to bust out some burpees and then log it. But..I can't. waaaaah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4H92emcabA&feature=fvsr

Replies

• bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What is a burpee?
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love burpees I think they should be logged as well
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What is a burpee?

It's kind of hard to explain that's why I posted the video. It's basically a swat, then you put your hands down in front of you like you are going to do a push-up, kick your feet back so you are in the push up position then pull your feet back under you, stand up, jump....repeat. lol
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Log it as calisthenics, there is a category for mild effort or vigorous.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to explain that's why I posted the video. It's basically a swat, then you put your hands down in front of you like you are going to do a push-up, kick your feet back so you are in the push up position then pull your feet back under you, stand up, jump....repeat. lol

Sounds like an exercise that would make me want to jump off the nearest bridge...but wouldn't be able to because I'd be too weak to move after I had finished. :-P
  • djstaen
    djstaen Posts: 9
    Options
    hey what are u doing to keep the lbs off?
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Burpees are awesome! I do them pretty often in my circuit training/calisthenics workouts and I log those workouts as either of those. Don't use not being able to log something as an excuse not to do it. :happy: Just use your best guess as to the type of exercise it is or, better yet, use a heart rate monitor.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    hey what are u doing to keep the lbs off?

Eating less than 1300 calories a day by logging my food here and working out 5 (sometimes 6) days a week :wink:
  • djstaen
    djstaen Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks. i looked at my diet and its horrible. Its hard being on my fet and on the go a lot. The wknds ae the worst but im trying!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    What is a burpee?

Burpees are something the devil created so my uncordinated behind can look like a fool when my trainer makes me do them. Those and explosive lunges.