Idea's on getting psat plateau

Options
So I have hit a bit of a plateau..I've lost just under 21lbs so far and can't seem to get the scale to go any lower. I eat most if not all of my calories everyday and hit my workout goals every week, sometimes going over the "set goal" amount of calories to burn each week. I can't increase my exercise due to a protruding disc in my lower back, so i'm looking for ideas to get my metabolism going again. Any ideas would be a great help. Thanks! :0)

Replies

• rnmommy
    rnmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your workouts to keep your body guessing? If you always do the same stuff your body gets used to it, you need to change it up to workout different muscle groups.
  • ambboogie
    ambboogie Posts: 4
    Options
    What are your workouts looking like?

Have you tried swimming b/c of the ruptured disc?
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It might be a good time to try staggering your calories. Your body might be stuck in a rut, and changing up the calories you eat by going up and down a couple of hundred each day (but ending up with the same weekly total in the end) might help.

You can search for posts in the forums that discuss this in detail.

Or check this link: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91393
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I can't do a lot of joint impact exercises, so I mostly do the eliptical (30-45 min), summit trainer (35min), and if my back allows, I run on the treadmill (35min). I alternate between the 3 depending on how im feeling that day. I haven't tried swimming because I have to take my son with me to the gym, so my workouts have to be done in the family room...Any ideas on how to switch it up with these limited options??
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    are you able to incorporate strength training into your program?

and when using these cardio machines, are you doing interval training? or just a single set intensity?