Hello from the deep south.

Options
Hey, I just joined My fitness pal yesterday. I am a stay at home mother of two. My youngest just turned 5 months. Unfortunately. I am still about 30 lbs heavier than I was before, and gaining. Hopefully this site will help give me the willpower needed not to snack all day, and to make healthier choices.( Which is hard because everything here is deep fried, and it tastes sooooo gooooood!!!) Thanks for having me.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• celverdi
    celverdi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just joined My fitness pal yesterday. I am a stay at home mother of two. My youngest just turned 5 months. Unfortunately. I am still about 30 lbs heavier than I was before, and gaining. Hopefully this site will help give me the willpower needed not to snack all day, and to make healthier choices.( Which is hard because everything here is deep fried, and it tastes sooooo gooooood!!!) Thanks for having me.:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome! Deep fried is yummy and is a problem, you can do it!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Stick with us and that fried chicken will fly out the window. Well maybe a wing can stay.

Welcome and good luck
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You can do it
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    HOWDEE! :wink: and
    WELCOME ABOARD!
    This is a great site for help, motivation and friends.
    Listing what you eat and how many cals are in it has helped me out a LOT! Not to mention all of the wonderful support that you get on this site.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    --Diann
    I have gone to other sites but the OTHER sites want you to eat THEIR diet, THAT DAYand not what you would NORMALLY eat that day.
    I have trouble thinking that hundreds of people are eating the exact same thing all at the same time on the same day... WE ARE NOT SHEEP! What if I do not FEEL like eating eggs for breakfast! :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    diann

egg beaters are really good. Honest.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

Have you tried the egg beaters with the chives in it?
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome.
    I was born and raised in the deep south and I still live here. I know what you mean about everything being fried. I was raised on fried foods. If my parents could have figured out a way to fry water they would have fried that too.
    I haven’t fried anything in close to 5 years now and I don’t miss it one little bit either. I use to buy cooking oil by the gallons. I thought I could never live without deep fried foods. I found out that I could and not miss it either.
    Hang in there you can break the “deep fry” habit too.
    Here’s to a healthier you :drinker: (thats green tea in that cup :flowerforyou: )
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Welcome!!!

Have you tried the egg beaters with the chives in it?

I love eggbeaters
    I cook 1 cup of eggbeaters with 2 shredded veggie links and a sprinkle of Montreal Steak seasoning. It is really good and very filling. It comes in at 200 calories for the whole thing. Of course you don’t have to eat the whole thing at one setting. You can share it with someone or put half of it in the fridge for later or even the next day. When I am really hungry I eat the whole thing. But that is just me. :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Oh....I also use the Montreal Steak seasoning on baked fish. It is wonderful!
    Play with your seasonings.....you will be very surprised at what is good on what :flowerforyou: