Options
3dogsand1
3dogsand1 Posts: 13
Need some simple recipes for 1 person.

Replies

• Desiderata
    Desiderata Posts: 91
    Options
    what tastes do you like? is it breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert?
  • Jry0318
    Jry0318 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try www.startmakingchoices.com, they have good reciepes and pretty healthy. Some may not be too simple, but if you're like me and enjoy trying new recipes you'll like this website.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just had this conversation with a friend of mine. Make whatever recipe you would enjoy and measure out your portion. Measure out the other portions and put in tupperware to freeze. You will cook less and have meals to take out other nights.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I used to live alone and had a really hard time cooking for just one without my leftovers going bad.

I started looking for recipes for two and found a couple, but what worked out the best for me was adjusting recipies for four or six (into servings for two). I'm a little bit of a nerd so recalculating the ingredients wasn't too much of a hassle. I also got a set of really good Pyrex which I noticed sealed better than my cheap tupperwear, so my leftovers kept longer as well!
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    1 omega-3 egg, beaten
    1/3 c. reduced fat cheese
    3 slices, Oscar Mayer center cut bacon , fried, well drained
    1 sm can mushrooms
    1 c. fresh baby spinach
    1/4 med. onion, chopped fine
    1 tsp. Olive oil
    Pan spray
    salt, pepper to taste

Saute veggies in olive oil until tender, set aside. Spray omlette pan; heat and add egg. Let set, add cheese, bacon and vegetables.
    Cals by recipe: 341 no cheese: 251 no cheese, 2 slices bacon: 228 omit olive oil and save 40 more calories
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later:)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just a thought on the recipe below with the eggs and such. Hormel and others make real bacon pieces. They are in a foil pouch near the salad dressings in most stores. You can have 1 tbls. of bacon for 35 calories. It is a great alternative and time saver to having to cook the bacon. I might add that you get quite a bit in the 1 tbls. and very tasty:) Have fun.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of stir frys. You can go to the salad bar at the grocery store to get the veggies that you want with out having to by an huge quantity of it. You can get just one chicken breast from the meat department of your grocery, or a few shrimp.
    Not only good for you, but quick. I use the stirfry sauce but I only use a little bit of it. It give it a lot of flavor.
    Or you can do packets, fish and veggies in foil and bake, do the single portion of rice cups. I have a picture of this from my dinner last night posted under my profile. It was over 700 calories, but I had a double portion of fish. on the fish I used some capers, dill, shallots and fresh lemon.