Halfway to goal w/pics

Options
Lconsla
Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
I have always bounced around in weight. Up down, up down. The past five years it's really gotten out of control and I've finally made a commitment to myself to make a change and stick with it. My family has a long history of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, early death etc. I do not want to be dead at 53 like my grandfather, I want to live to see my children grow up, my children's children grow up. I am by no means perfect, I still eat garbage, just once in while instead of every day. It's a process, but I'm getting there.

This is me at pretty much my heaviest. This pic was taken Mother's Day 2012. I'm probably 215 - 220 here. I refused to get on a scale at this point.

hsjs53.jpg

This is me starting MFP at 205

2lxawj6.jpg

And this is me now. This pic was taken last night and I was 180 even this morning.

110eh6a.jpg

Getting there. Still a ways to go, but I damn sure plan on being able to wear a bathing suit this summer :wink:

Replies

• chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Lconsla
    Options
    Ty :)
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Woo! Look at those hips go!! Well done ! :-D
  • Flpinckn
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!
  • Lconsla
    Options
    Woo! Look at those hips go!! Well done ! :-D

Yup, that's the biggest change, and my stomach :)
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have always bounced around in weight. Up down, up down. The past five years it's really gotten out of control and I've finally made a commitment to myself to make a change and stick with it. My family has a long history of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, early death etc. I do not want to be dead at 53 like my grandfather, I want to live to see my children grow up, my children's children grow up. I am by no means perfect, I still eat garbage, just once in while instead of every day. It's a process, but I'm getting there.

This is me at pretty much my heaviest. This pic was taken Mother's Day 2012. I'm probably 215 - 220 here. I refused to get on a scale at this point.

hsjs53.jpg You're doing fantastic and look amazing dear. Keep up the great work.

This is me starting MFP at 205

2lxawj6.jpg

And this is me now. This pic was taken last night and I was 180 even this morning.

110eh6a.jpg

Getting there. Still a ways to go, but I damn sure plan on being able to wear a bathing suit this summer :wink:
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I posted that in the wrong spot. I wanted to say You look fantastic and are doing such a great job. Keep it up beautiful.
  • manders12304
    manders12304 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job! How long have you been working on loosing weight? What is your exercise/diet routine? (if you don't mind sharing)
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :)
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look great
  • tulsaBill
    tulsaBill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Whoa, dangerous curves! You look great!
  • ccourtright
    ccourtright Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You look awesome!! 205 was my starting weight (I'm only down 13 lbs) thanks for the inspiration!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats...
  • Lconsla
    Options
    Thank you, all of you. I started mfp Nov. 3rd, 2012, that's when i really started focusing on getting healthy. I weigh/measure everything i eat and really try to post attention to my sodium (there's days i still go over but i try to keep it to a minimum). And i just use exercise dvds, i mix them up, Jillian Michaels, Leslie sansone, biggest loser and i have a home gym for lifting weights.
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great curves!!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    you look incredible! amazing effort :)
  • crizania
    crizania Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, kick *kitten* job on the weight loss there girl ..
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Looks like you'll reach ur goalfor the summer.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Looks like you'll reach ur goal for the summer.
  • justme1403
    Options
    woohoooo that is SO awesome!! Look at those hips man!..they're more than half gone!! I envy you girl! :wink: You go go go girl! Congrats!! :drinker: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!