JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (June 2-9)

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Hi everybody! I didn't see a post started so I thought I would get things going. How was everybody's week?

I had a fantastic birthday weekend, and it doesn't seem to have set me back too far (though I still weigh more than I did 2 weeks ago). AND, I did walk and run in that 5K on Thursday. It was crazy - there were 11,000 people there. Since I was back with the walkers, it took me 10 minutes just to get to the starting line! Most of my time I was just trying to walk around people (I started almost at the back) - but I did jog the last half mile or so, and finished up in about an hour. So that was exciting. :happy:

Start of MFP: 210
Start of JGC (2/12 for me): 194.8
Last weigh-in (5/27): 174.8
Current weight: 174.4
July Goal: 165

I also took my measurements, and have lost another inch in my hips and 1/2 inch in my upper arm over the last month. I'll take it!

Hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Hi everybody! I didn't see a post started so I thought I would get things going. How was everybody's week?

I had a fantastic birthday weekend, and it doesn't seem to have set me back too far (though I still weigh more than I did 2 weeks ago). AND, I did walk and run in that 5K on Thursday. It was crazy - there were 11,000 people there. Since I was back with the walkers, it took me 10 minutes just to get to the starting line! Most of my time I was just trying to walk around people (I started almost at the back) - but I did jog the last half mile or so, and finished up in about an hour. So that was exciting. :happy:

Last weigh-in (5/27): 174.8
    Current weight: 174.4

I also took my measurements, and have lost another inch in my hips and 1/2 inch in my upper arm over the last month. I'll take it!

Hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • michyrn
    michyrn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the July challange!

Start of MFP: 167
    Current: 163
    July Goal: 155
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well it was another decent week. I lost another 2 lbs and that pushed me past my goal..... BUT!!!

Start weight loss Jan 08 @ 268 lbs.
    Start MFP Feb 08 @ 262 lbs.
    Last Week @ 241 and 18.8% body fat.
    Today @ 239 and 18.3%
    Goal 240 Achieved?

My goal still is 240 and 10% to 12% body fat but i think what im going to do is continue to loose a few more lbs (5) and see where that puts me. My scale still says 22% while my tape method is 14%. I still have a little bit on my lower abs so when that is gone i will start a bulk up program to put on muscle faster.

Tim
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't know what I weigh right now because I am at a training center without a scale. Not a bad thing considering how much yummy food there is as well...... I know I will gain over the next 2 weeks but I am trying to keep it to a minimum. Anything less than 3-4 lbs is acceptable. There is also a nice gym that I have taken advantage of every day so that helps. And I am very excited to walk around the National Zoo in DC this weekend!
    Not sure how much I will really have to report next week without comparisons so you may not hear from me. Seems like this group just keeps getting smaller and smaller with the busy summer season rearing its head.
    Congrats to everyone for the losses last week.
    Here are my stats as of now:

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 144.8 (I think if I remember correctly)
    Sunday - 144.2
    Goal - 140

Have a great week, and be glad you aren't sitting in a classroom with a bunch of Federal managers talking about your feelings! :laugh:
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Please? I have been a member for only a few days and yet this program has helped me to change the way I look at food. Especially since I have to record everything. It also holds me accountable to exercise enough to eat something. Yesterday was the first time that my caloric intake was lower than my calorie burn. Boom. The scale moved - the right direction. I lost weight. I had gained some weight from my initial check-in weight but I think I am about to go below and show a net loss for the first time. So, right now I am at a pound above 0. :sad:
    I am limiting myself to 1000 net calories a day. I am riding 10 to 20 miles a day on my road bike. I have done 10 today, perhaps 10 more tonight. Perhaps the scale will move again in the morning? It could happen! :wink:

I am at 236 today. If I were at 220 by July I would be thrilled, shocked and awed.

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lizard9800
    Options
    I would like to join. Please? I have been a member for only a few days and yet this program has helped me to change the way I look at food. Especially since I have to record everything. It also holds me accountable to exercise enough to eat something. Yesterday was the first time that my caloric intake was lower than my calorie burn. Boom. The scale moved - the right direction. I lost weight. I had gained some weight from my initial check-in weight but I think I am about to go below and show a net loss for the first time. So, right now I am at a pound above 0. :sad:
    I am limiting myself to 1000 net calories a day. I am riding 10 to 20 miles a day on my road bike. I have done 10 today, perhaps 10 more tonight. Perhaps the scale will move again in the morning? It could happen! :wink:

I am at 236 today. If I were at 220 by July I would be thrilled, shocked and awed.

67210.png

Welcome! Glad to have you. I think our main goal is somewhere in mid July... This is a great site for so many reasons, which I am sure you will find. I like that you are biking so much. I wish I had a road bike for that reason. However, 1000 net cals sounds a low. Very few people go below 1200 for health reason. How do you get proper carb, protein and energy from only 1000 cals? I would recommend bumping up to 1200, especially if you are exercising so much. Your body must be craving the essential nutients. Something to think about. You don't want to starve your body because you are so excited to lose weight and think the lower cals the better. You want to give your body the proper attention it deserves, which includes exercise and nutrition. There are several long running posts on here about calorie deficit and I suggest you read them.
    Once again, welcome. Good luck and stick with it!!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Our little kistinbee has gone missing this week! Our group has dwindled a bit, but it's good to see some new faces, too. Welcome, cecreech and michyrn!

Tim, you're a machine! Your before/after shots are great. CONGRATS on reaching your original goal - way to go! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Liz, gee - you're right, I *AM* glad that I don't have to sit through that training. Good luck! :tongue:
  • cecreech
    Options
    Thanks so much cp005e. I appreciate your advice and will take it. I noticed that deficit right away and it took its toll on my performance. Now that we have 100 degree heat here in SC I really will have to be careful. I will bump up to 1200 or a smiggen more on these rides.
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    I joined the July goal challenge a while ago, and in the last month or so, completely fell off the wagon. I am in nursing school and was going through clinical and a very busy time. I wasn't exercising, eating pretty crappy and just generally not taking care of myself. But, I have a renewed sense of motivation and I'm back...if you all will have me :ohwell:

Hope everyone is doing well...
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Welcome back erin! I had wondered where you disappeared to. Many people from this group come and go as the summer gets busier, myself included. I am at work training for 2 weeks and am eating horribly! I don't think I will want to weigh myself until July!!:noway:
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    Welcome back erin! I had wondered where you disappeared to. Many people from this group come and go as the summer gets busier, myself included. I am at work training for 2 weeks and am eating horribly! I don't think I will want to weigh myself until July!!:noway:

Thanks lizard! Yeah, I fell off the wagon big time, but I was just so busy with school I made bad choices as far as prioritizing goes. But, I'm back and even more determined!

Wow, can I just say-38 pounds! Congrats! Totally inspiring-good for you. I can understand your worry about your training...hard to break from a routine. But, I bet you'll surprise yourself!! :happy:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Hi all... I didn't see a post last week. Hope I didn't miss it... I've been kind of wondering where everyone went! Anyway~ here are my stats...

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    May 19th: 158.6
    06/06: 157.4

Total loss for two weeks: -1.2 lbs
    Total loss for JGC: -24.6
    Total loss for MFP: -32.6

My goal is to be at 150 by July 4th... I have only 7.4 lbs to go. And they seem to be the most frustrating 7.4 lbs ever!!! :grumble: After that... I only have 10 more to go before I reach my over all goal. :bigsmile: !YAY!

Awesome job cp005e, chiefiron and lizard on your loss! :drinker:

Welcome to the JGC michyrn and cecreech... :happy:

And welcome back erin!!! :flowerforyou:

Have a great week everyone!!! :wink:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I have not posted for the last couple of weeks. #1 I need remotivated, #2 My house flooded and thank goodness for insurance. #3 I am just plain lazy lately. I don't know where everyone else went, but that is where I have been and I am back now. I am starting over today!!!
    ......oh and I changed my user name on the advice of other posts that I read. I did not think it was wise using my real initials and last name. So it is still me. HH:flowerforyou:

Starting weight: 176
    Today: 165
    Goal by July: 150
    Final goal on MFP: 135

29631.png
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hi everybody - I was just going to start a new post for this week, but I see that some people have already posted in last week's thread. So instead of confusing things, I will follow suit!!

Welcome back to some familiar faces! So sorry to hear about your flood, HH. I am sure you will get back into your groove in no time. Same goes for you, Erin! And Rookie - you are looking great! :smokin:

After gaining a couple of weeks ago, I finally feel like I am back on track and losing again. Hooray! :drinker:

Last weigh-in (6/3): 174.4
    Current weight: 172.8

I hope you all are doing well (hanging in there at training, Lizard?) and have a fantastic week! :flowerforyou:
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Yes, glad to have Rookie (looking fabulous!) and HH back again. Just goes to show that weight loss and a healthy lifestyle doesn't stop when you are close to your goal or too busy. It is always on the back of your mind, and for me at least, will be for quite some time.
    My training still continues for a few days. I hit the gym every night before dinner so I can try to make up a little for all the goodies and drinks associated with these trainings. I still anticipate quite a gain ( 3-5 lbs) but I know why it happened and how to take care of it which I think is the underlying goal of this website. Knowledge is power.
    I found an interesting and funny quote last night doing "homework" for my class.
    "If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do all the others have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.
    Just because everyone else is not concerned with their health, or wants to eat cookies that doesn't mean that you have to. Be the leaders, not the followers!! (although I am failing miserably lately)

Have a good weekend. If I am daring enough I will weigh myself on Mon to see the gain over 2 weeks. Check back for the exciting, but depressing, results!:grumble:
  • chiefiron
    Options
    Thought i was missing something. Guess thats what i get for not really reading all the posts.

Anyway for June 9 08

Start @ 268
    Start MFP@ 262
    Start JGC @ 248.8 and 22.7%
    Last week @ 239 and 18.36%
    This week @ 240.8 and 17.9

So body fat fell a little but still not enough. Im gonna keep pushing and keep my cals on the low side until i leave for vacation on July 10. My over all goal is still 240 and 10% body fat so i guess i still need to gain about 10lbs of muscle all while loosing another 8% body fat.

Heres to all the lbs drop for the JGC.........Hooray for us all. :drinker:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Thought i was missing something. Guess thats what i get for not really reading all the posts.

Anyway for June 9 08

Start @ 268
    Start MFP@ 262

So body fat fell a little but still not enough. Im gonna keep pushing and keep my cals on the low side until i leave for vacation on July 10. My over all goal is still 240 and 10% body fat so i guess i still need to gain about 10lbs of muscle all while loosing another 8% body fat.

Just curious where you found the smoking banner. I would love to add that to my signature to be able to see it everyday!

• chiefiron
    Options

Anyway for June 9 08

Start @ 268
    Start MFP@ 262

Just curious where you found the smoking banner. I would love to add that to my signature to be able to see it everyday!

I found that banner here on MFP. I wish i could remember the persons name where i saw it first i would give her props. Any way check out http://www.haqur.com/script/SmokeFree

answer the questions and stand by to be amazed, i know i was.
  • cecreech
    Options
    It moved! Hoooraay! :blushing: I lost my first 2 pounds!

67210.png
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Anyway for June 9 08

Start @ 268
    Start MFP@ 262

I found that banner here on MFP. I wish i could remember the persons name where i saw it first i would give her props. Any way check out http://www.haqur.com/script/SmokeFree

answer the questions and stand by to be amazed, i know i was.

THANKS! Wow, 7,000 & 10,000 cigs....I can't even imagine smoking that right now! Makes me kinda feel ill.