sugar

Options
Hi, I'm new to the myfitnesspal message boards so i'm sorry if i'm making another thread of this
does this happen to anyone else? I always somehow overeat sugar and I eat a lot of fruit should I worry about that??

Replies

• bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I ignore sugars from dairy/fruit/veg. Unless you have some medical reason sugar from fruit shouldn't be an issue.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Stop tracking sugar, and just track carbs. Sugar is just a carb, albeit a high calorie one.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    How much over? Are you still staying under your calories?

I used to eat a lot of fruit. It was how I compensated for not eating sugary treats.

You really only need one or two pieces of fruit a day. Your body still sees fructose as sugar.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The average American is a sugar addict.The typical American adult now consumes an unbelievable 22 teaspoons of added sugar each day; teens consume a whopping 34 teaspoons per day. Sugar beverages for instance are far more harmful than thought earlier, as a new study has shown them to add to visceral fat directly. Such belly fat is the worst of fats and is associated with heart disease and diabetes. There's so much to be said for fresh fruit.
  • bspikes86
    bspikes86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    if you are going over on sugar because of eating fruit dont worry about it. if you are sitting there eating candy and ice cream then yes worry about it. i dont track my sugar any more. i eat 3-4 servings of fruit a day. maybe a fat free yogurt. and at night i either have a small candy or a fiber one bar. and i am way over on sugar.unless you are diabetic, dont worry
  • bobbyscruggs1
    bobbyscruggs1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Honestly I dont eat in much sweets (exept for some dark chocolate or a cookie or two) and thats usually toward the evening. I dont ever drink soda or anything or put sugar in my coffee. I just eat a lot of fruit and I do work out. Its just frustrating to always go over by like the morning ha.
    That, and im always going over in the Vitamins section too. And I am usually under my calories, but over in protein or sugar and vitamins and fiber.
  • bobbyscruggs1
    bobbyscruggs1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yah im always under in calories, but im almost always being in the negative for protein, sugar, or the vitamins section.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdgffjaWXG1renhono1_500.gif