Swedish Fish Progress

Options
mthomas25
mthomas25 Posts: 24 Member
Alright, here it is. I have an obsession with Swedish Fish. Not just a little one, a very serious one. I would buy 2-3+ 1lb bags of these babies a week!!! I know, I know.

Anyway I have gone 2 whole weeks without one bite! This is huge for me and I am very proud of myself.

I am hoping to be in enough control by the time my 26th birthday rolls around in August so that I can have a 100 calorie pack without eating the whole box. I feel like I can do it!

Do you love swedish fish too???

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    haha i do love swedish fish, but not that much :flowerforyou:

You're doing great! I'm trying to stop drinking Diet Coke right now and it's terrible. I've already relapsed once. :sad:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    LOVE Swedish Fish!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Omgosh, love those things!!! I got my boyfriend addicted and everytime we'd go into Target, he'd have to "sample" some. Ugh. That was shortly after I started my lifestyle change and haven't touched 'em since, almost 4 months!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well kudos to you. I do like swedish fish, but my problem has always been tons and tons of chocolate, any chocolate. I too have not had any chocolate since February. It is not hard for me any more and do not even crave it. Good luck to you (that's alot of sugar) and a huge contributor to Adult onset diabetes. Maybe you won't want them at all anymore.......that would be awesome for you:)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I also love them....one time, I was eating them and my crown fell off and I ended up swallowing it...it costs a lot of money to replace that dang crown...those darn fish!!!!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes I love swedish fish...but I have a chocolate problem. Lately it has been peanut butter m&ms. And I haven't had them in quite some time either. Try to find a substitute. Or if they sell swedish fish 100 calorie packs then thats your solution right there. Allow yourself like one a week or something. If you do it that way you might find yourself even getting smarter about it, like splitting the pack in half so you can eat them two days. It will be a nice regulator for you. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i love all the things listed above and I dont forbid myself to have them. just in small doses :)
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh I love those sugary little *kitten* too. I haven't had any in a really long time.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I love swedish fish.......last year I was addicted to Rita's Swedish Fish Italian Ice. I haven't been to a Rita's at all this year. That's huge for me and considering there is one less than a 1/2 a mile from my house and I have to pass it every day.
  • dixiebelle49
    Options
    I am a candy freak too, but mine is hot tamales! love the cinnamon.
    I bought a box friday night and haven't opened it yet. 4 days and it's still sitting there.

And i still have bags of easter candy we haven't eaten yet so I think i am just going to throw it in the garbage
    or send it with my husband to work.

As i grew up with a diabetic father i know the sugar is bad....................but i have to have it.
  • mthomas25
    mthomas25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought a box friday night and haven't opened it yet. 4 days and it's still sitting there.

And i still have bags of easter candy we haven't eaten yet so I think i am just going to throw it in the garbage
    or send it with my husband to work.

As i grew up with a diabetic father i know the sugar is bad....................but i have to have it.

Dixie, THROW IT OUT!!! If it is in my house it is always in the back of my mind.
  • kimandal99
    kimandal99 Posts: 52
    Options
    I can't believe there is another person in this world as obsessed with Swedish fish as me! I eat them EVERY day! Not just once, but ususally twice a day for snack. They are my absolute favorite! I buy multiple bags at Target each week of them. I am sure it is horrible for my teeth but as far as snacking goes, I figure it could be worse.
  • LPNlauren
    LPNlauren Posts: 27
    Options
    Its PEEPS for me! I am a true candy girl at heart and like the week I rededicated myself to my health the "Ritas" in my town opened back up from winter break and they had PEEPS flavored ice.......I have to drive by that sign everyday on the way to class........ but I have overcome my obsession with those wonderful hot pink or blue or yellow or green delicacies and have not had one this year not even during Easter! Gooooooooooo Meeeeeeeeee! LOL
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Oh ANYTHING gummy for me! Swedish fish are soo good. Congrats on your willpower!!!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Me too! Its my favorite candy, along with Good and Plenty. Can't have one without the other. Weird, I know. lol
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The Peeps factory (where they make Good n' Plenty and all that junk too) is literally miles from my house! At every parade, every event - EVERYTHING - the Peeps mobile is there tossing Peeps out the window! And Mike n' Ikes...

For some reason, they don't throw Hot Tamales or Good n' Plenty.... those must be the hot ticket items! :D
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My dad is so obsessed with Peeps its ridiculous. The man will literally eat boxes upon boxes of them. Two days ago I found them on sale in a gas station and I bought him 6 boxes. They are already gone. Crazy peep lovers!
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Its PEEPS for me! I am a true candy girl at heart and like the week I rededicated myself to my health the "Ritas" in my town opened back up from winter break and they had PEEPS flavored ice.......I have to drive by that sign everyday on the way to class........ but I have overcome my obsession with those wonderful hot pink or blue or yellow or green delicacies and have not had one this year not even during Easter! Gooooooooooo Meeeeeeeeee! LOL

I am a candy lover too FYI, Swedish fish 9(all flavors), lindt chocolate balls, anything with peanut butter or marzipan....:love: or that is baked... puts me in a tailspin. BUT I have to let the PEEP lovers know:

My husband and I put peeps in a grilled cheese sandwich and its delicious. We actually have won 2 competitions with this receipe. LOL.
    ....Savor on a cheat day I suppose.... :embarassed:
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    Don't shoot me, but...

what is a Swedish Fish? I gathered it's some kind of candy... :ohwell:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Don't shoot me, but...

what is a Swedish Fish? I gathered it's some kind of candy... :ohwell:

I don't know what they are either I thought maybe there like goldfish those cracker things
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!