Any recipes for overnight crockpot oatmeal?

Options
Hi there,
I am looking for an overnight crockpot oatmeal recipe, one that uses rolled oats?

Replies

• cbailey28072
    Options
    I haven't tried doing that with rolled oats, since they cook in just five minutes, but I do use steel-cut oats (sometimes called pinhead oats or Irish oats). I use two cups water+two cups milk for each cup of steel-cut oats. Add the amount of salt you like. I put it all in pot, bring it to a boil, then cool and refrigerate overnight. They soften considerably with the long steep. Then I bring them to a simmer the next morning and cook until they are done, usually just 5-10 min. I bet you could put the raw oats and liquid in the crock pot on low overnight and they would be ready by morning. Sometimes I toast the raw oats in a non-stick skillet for just a few minutes until they start to get golden brown before I cook them.. This really enhances the flavor.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Porridge

1 cup rolled oats (not the quick oats for microwaves!)
    2-3 cups water
    1 pinch salt
    1 cup milk
    brown sugar to taste

Just before you go to bed at night, mix the oats and water in your slow cooker. Set on low, cover and let cook overnight. In the morning, stir in the salt and milk. Scoop into bowls and sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
    Serves 2.

This is more runny kind of porridge. I don't like eating thick porridge.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi... I make slow-cooked oats often.... here is a nice site with several recipes. I've never tried rolled oats, not sure they would hold up. I only have ever used steel cut oats. Enjoy!

http://www.theyummylife.com/Slow_Cooker_Pumpkin_Pie_Oatmeal
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    APPLE AND BROWN SUGAR PORRIDGE

2c milk
    1/4c brown sugar
    1T butter, melted
    1/4t salt
    1/2t cinnamon
    1c rolled oats
    1 cup apple, finely chopped
    1/2c almonds (optional)

Greas the inside of the slowcooker and put in the melted butter and milk, stirring well. Then add the oats, apples and almonds. Sprinkle over the salt, cinnamon, and sugar and mix well. Cook low overnight or for 8-9 hours. Serves 4.

Haven't tried this yet, but hopefully soon...
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    This is my new Favourite. I haven't left I overnight, I just cook it for two hours in the crockpot. It's like an apple crisp with big chunks of apple:)

http://www.theyummylife.com/Slow_Cooker_Apple_Cinnamon_Oatmeal
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I make the steel cut oat in the crockpot just about every weekend. I add the oats and water as directed on the package. Then I usually put an apple finely chopped, some brown sugar, almonds and flax. I turn it on low just before bed. YUM!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Spray the crock with nonstick spray. Add 1 cup steel cut oats and 4 cups water. (Or use some proportion of your milk of choice) stir in about a tablespoon of cinnamon and a cup of pumpkin puree. Cook on low overnight or about 7 to 8 hours. In the morning stir it up and add your favorite sweetener to a bowlfull....maple syrup is nice. This makes enough for four or five hearty breakfasts.
  • cherll
    cherll Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you these sound great! I'm going to try one of them in the next couple of days.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbailey28072
    Options
    Hi... I make slow-cooked oats often.... here is a nice site with several recipes. I've never tried rolled oats, not sure they would hold up. I only have ever used steel cut oats. Enjoy!

http://www.theyummylife.com/Slow_Cooker_Pumpkin_Pie_Oatmeal

I just made this pumpkin pie oatmeal and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
  • gamommaof3
    Options
    I love these!!

Overnight Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats

Ingredients
    •1 cup steel cut oats
    •3 cups water (add an extra 1/2 cup if you prefer a less thick oatmeal) **I use 1 cup unsweetend vanilla almond milk & 2 cups water instead
    •1 cup canned pumpkin puree
    •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    •1/4 teaspoon salt
    •2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    •optional: 1/2 cup honey or 2 teaspoons vanilla liquid stevia*
    •* Sweetener can be added during cooking or cook it without and each person can add their own sweetener of choice on top after cooking.

Directions

Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. I cook mine of keep warm for 10-11 hours instead and they are great. Enjoy!
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • horses7777
    Options
    bumping for later!
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have the best recipe!! Ck it out here!
    http://www.grouprecipes.com/135352/overnight-apple-oatmeal.html