Depressed

Options
Today was not a good day...I'm always so positive and motivated but today I was in a total funk. I have been down this weight loss struggle before and never thought that I would have to do this again but here I am. I know that the weight gain was worth it because my son is amazing but I get down on myself realizing just how much I have to lose...thanks for all of the positive messages ... Feel free to keep them coming...could use them ;)

Replies

• pnaymommy3
    Options
    I started on MFP back in 2010 and during that time I had lost 40 lbs...2 years later, I am back to where I was. I am not happy with myself and frankly am embarrassed that I have allowed myself to get back to where I just knew I would never ever be again. I'm not letting that get me down though. There are worse things in life. It only proves to me that because I've done it before, I can do it again. This time around, I've got more friends on MFP and that has been such a tremendous help to me. Seeing everyone's progress, defeats, yet bouncing back and continuing on, is inspiring me and motivating me. That helps me to believe that this time around, I will be a success story and not one of defeat. I hope that you can find your way out of the funk you're in. Believe me, many of us have been there...it's only a matter of getting yourself out, and honestly the choice is yours, but we will be here to support you, encourage you, motivate you, and help you in every way you need us to!!! I know you can do it...If I can, you can too ; ) big hugs sent your way!!!!
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    All your friends here love you. You are the one that has overcome so much in your life. We look up to you every day when we see all your positive posts. So glad you're my friend mom3boys because you are an inspiration to me and all of your friends. Stay strong and don't be too hard on yourself today. We all have bad days. I know how hard you work. You will achieve your goals and we will be there with you x :flowerforyou:
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't think the after xmas slump helps...a lot of people I talk to lately seem to be in a funk. My get up and go went ages ago LOL!
    I think I'm just going to have to sit down with myself, my excel docs and Word and have a wee chat about where I was, where I am now and where I want to be by July 1. I think maybe refocusing on my reasons for being here and what I want to achieve might help re-energize my mind and body...a few warm, sunny days would help immensely with that too!!!
    Don't give in...even being miserable and being here shows you aren't ready to give up the fight just yet!
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, actually. Simply because you have an attitude of change. But, instead of focusing on down the road, where you need to be, how about focusing on today. If you can work on being a bit more fit today, before you know it you'll be at your goal.

This has been my new perspective for 2013--focusing on my fitness each day.

Keep your chin up :) You can do this!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I know I can do it but it just sucks going through this again.
  • sgould625
    sgould625 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I never used to yo-yo my weight this bad until after I got pregnant with my first son. After that every couples years I would fluxuate 50 pounds. Unfortunately, right now I'm back on the high end trying to get back to my normal size, which is even overweight compared to what my ideal weight should be. Hang in there. You'll get through this. Luckily, all of us on here are having the same struggles as you are. We're here for you!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You are young, you can do this. I am getting older, pushing 60, and am so thankful I discovered MFP. I have lost and gained more pounds than I can even imagine over the years and I am hoping this will be the last time. It gets harder as you get older. I have always been active, hiking, walking, skiing, etc. so the exercise part is easy, the food part not so much. Now that I am actually logging my food a new self-awareness has kicked in. I know I will have to watch out for those days when I plateau and don't lose anything, that's when I get discouraged. I will take this one day at a time and just shrug off the not-so-good days and look forward to the good ones.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    instead of focusing on down the road, where you need to be, how about focusing on today. If you can work on being a bit more fit today, before you know it you'll be at your goal.

I love this - I am going to start living for today and not the goal in the future - thanks for the advice and motivation!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Today was not a good day...I'm always so positive and motivated but today I was in a total funk. I have been down this weight loss struggle before and never thought that I would have to do this again but here I am. I know that the weight gain was worth it because my son is amazing but I get down on myself realizing just how much I have to lose...thanks for all of the positive messages ... Feel free to keep them coming...could use them ;)

focus on 1 month at a time. if you need to lose 75lbs total, then just focus on trying to lose 7-8 lbs per month...

by April 1st, you'll be down 20 lbs.

by July 1st, you'll be down 40 lbs.

by September 1st, you'll be down 55 lbs.

by Halloween, you'll basically be done!
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Sorry to hear your are feeling down. I've yoyo'd a bit in my time but not for anything as great as a child. Bit hard when you are a man. Be thankful for the things you have and know that in time you will be back to a weight that you like and are more comfortable with and think of how much fun you will be able to have with your son as you take the weight off.