Pregnancy Weight

Options
ok..so im pregnant,and not wanting to really gain awhole lot more weight,but i am only 22 weeks and i am changing my goals but what is a reasonable setting for my weight..should i set it for gaining 1/2 lb a week,mainting or what

Replies

• MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is something you should discuss with your provider. :wink:
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree you should talk with your doctor. I tried to watch what I ate when I was pregnant & I swelled horribly all 3 times & gain lots, working on getting it off now. But I would see what your dr has to say. :)
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about you (current weight, age, etc.) but I would say the same thing if I knew: ask your doctor what he/she thinks you should do. I will give you some words of comfort: I gained 36 lbs while pregnant, but lost 50 within the first four months after my son was born and I didn't even try. I was up and down all the time taking care of him, and breastfeeding, so the weight literally fell off. I think as long as you stay inside your doctor's weight limit and eat healthy you will be fine. (I didn't gain weight until I was older and ate too much junk food.) Good luck!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You should talk to your doctor about it.
  • Jaclyngfc
    Jaclyngfc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    definitely talk to your doctor about it.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, i go back next week..ill see what he says i should do.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, talk to doctor.

But I've heard 300 calories over maintenance.