30DS advice please!

Options
I really want to do 30DS along with physique 57 but I'm nervous if 30DS will be too rough on my knee and it is finally feeling better from trying insanity. Any thoughts on 30DS? and if I use a thick foam mat under my feet while doing 30DS would that help with impact?

Replies

• Kendarita
    Kendarita Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible knee and 30DS is rough on the knees with a lot of jumping movements, squats, planks (but all that depends on what your knee hates doing)... but it is something you just have to try and see if your knee can handle it. It is a WONDERFUL work out, but so much hard work. I would try it (you can find it on YouTube) and see how it goes :)
    Good Luck!
    Also, be sure to ice your knee after, that helped me out :)
  • tleeiiiii
    tleeiiiii Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have no knee problems, and they started killing during the 30 day shred, even if i was following her advice of never letting the knees go past your feet in squats and lunges ect..
  • Carol_123
    Carol_123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I never had knee problems, ever, but I pushed through some knee pain during her jumping jacks because she says she has 400lb women that can do these. Five days into the Shred I had to take a month off exercising because both my knees got misaligned and went to see an osteopath.

So I ordered Jillian's Body Revolution which is way friendlier to the knees, and more progressively working up to some of the bigger movements. I'm only one week in with it but my knees are ok with this one so far.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My left knee bugs me a lot but 30 day shred was not an issue for me at all. I also used a think foam mat, and put it on top of carpet. What bothers my knee is running more than 3 miles or going on the elliptical.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i have bad knee but i tried doing the modified version for not so fit people, you can find it in youtube and see if your knees can handle it.