Food & Menu Planning HELP

Options
mmbax06
mmbax06 Posts: 20 Member
I'm having a really hard time planning my menu for this week. I want really good choices, but have no clue what I would like to fix. My budget is roughly $75/week. Yes, it's doable. Thank You ALDI! Any suggestions or recipes?

Replies

• wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is really good. I don't have a food processor so I just shredded the chicken and it turned out great!

http://www.emilybites.com/2012/08/chicken-parmesan-meatloaf-muffins.html
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
  • araxid
    araxid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My biggest inspiration for my weekly menu (for my family of 5) new recipes has been my local library. I check out cookbooks every couple of weeks and it has been great. My favorites have been all of Ellie Kriegers books and the America's Test Kitchen Light and Healthy series. The food is delicious and almost every single meal has been on MFP so its been easy to track without the hassle of inputting it myself :) Good luck!
  • bbacskai
    bbacskai Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is chardonnay part of your weekly budget?
  • indy_cat
    Options
    http://www.ezrapoundcake.com
    Check out this site for an easy ratatouille recipe. It is inexpensive, tasty and you will have leftovers for lunch the next day.

Another great site is www.skinnytaste.com - lots of great recipes.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Here are some of the things I make regularly:

eggplant parmesan (makes 8 servings, freezes well!)
    mini turkey or beef meatloaf in muffin pan
    omelettes/frittatas
    fried cheap cuts of meat (whatever is on sale) - pork chops, cheap steaks, whatever - fried with butter in a hot cast iron pan then popped in the oven makes any cut of meat taste good!
    corn + beans + rice + cilantro + diced tomatoes
    meatballs with sweet and sour sauce (equal parts grape jelly and chili sauce)
    chicken breasts (skin on) oven roasted with garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper