New Healthy/fit Vegetarian/vegan friends :)

Options
2»

Replies

• MartiTennisMom
    Options
    Vegetarian for 22 years now! We raised my daughter 100% vegetarian (Really stunted her growth, she's 17 years old and 5'11" ;-)
  • cindymseaney
    Options
    Hi there, I've been a pescatarian now for 3 years, always looking for new meal plans and recipes. I keep an open diary, feel free to add me. -Cindy
  • theplatypus
    Options
    New vegan right here! Still in the learning process but loving it!
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for over 20 years now.. Feel free to add me. :)
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 22 years now! We raised my daughter 100% vegetarian (Really stunted her growth, she's 17 years old and 5'11" ;-)

haha.. love it!! I have been vegetarian for about the same time frame and when I was pregnant with all 3 of my children someone always had something to say.. yet they were all born at healthy and healthy weights... and my middle child is 8 years old and she is also a vegetarian , never ate flesh food in her life and she is so happy and healthy.. major animal lover! :)
  • amesslice
    amesslice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was a vegatarian throughout highschool and started eating meat again in college (very limited amounts). I recently (Dec 21 2012) started a vegatarian diet agian. I've always felt guilty eating animal product... hoping one day to have a strict vegan diet.
  • tayloremayde1
    tayloremayde1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention please add me if anyone would like to swap recipes :)
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ~Mostly~ vegan here! Add me for support! ^_^
  • UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have been a vegetarian for 3 years and went totally vegan 6 months ago. I have had 2 back surgeries, heart procedure and knee surgery. I was not able to stand without a cane and even then there was pain. I was way over weight. Since I joined MFP and started the exercise and nutritional program I have lost 22 lbs so far and now can walk 3 miles a day without pain. I want to be able to climb the beautiful mountains that surround me when the snow melts. I refuse to be my age (71 years old). I love creating and modifying vegan recipes. Today I made what I call chili plus which gives me the same protein as my protein powder. I go to the gym 3 days a week and walk the other days. I want to holler at the people younger than me to get into shape because it will only be harder as you age. I don't say that everyone should go on a vegan diet, but I do say that everyone should look for nutritional food that will give them protein and fiber. Good luck to every one of you out there. It is never too late to start growing young. All you need is commitment. Surround yourself by motivated friends and you can do anything.
  • slbetteley
    Options
    Vegan here. Please add would love some new friends!! :-)
  • SneakyNeiky
    Options
    ive been a vego for 8 years now :) il add you
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here :) Any other veggies feel free to add me!
  • fortunateflyer
    fortunateflyer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a health food-loving vegetarian too :) I also love running and anything outdoorsy. I'd love more vegetarian friends!
  • tayloremayde1
    tayloremayde1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking for healthy vegetarian snacks that don't necessarily include fruit and also looking for some creative new lunch ideas... Any suggestions?
  • LaurenOliver
    Options

haha.. love it!! I have been vegetarian for about the same time frame and when I was pregnant with all 3 of my children someone always had something to say.. yet they were all born at healthy and healthy weights... and my middle child is 8 years old and she is also a vegetarian , never ate flesh food in her life and she is so happy and healthy.. major animal lover! :)

These are both so cool to read. My fiance and I are both vegetarian, and were just discussing raising any children we have as vegetarians. Of course they are free to choose a different path when they are older, but hopefully not : )
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    New vegetarian here. Any vegetarians/vegans feel free to add me :)
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm Jackie.
    Vegetarian for 11 years.
    Vegan tendencies when funds allow.
    College student on a budget.
    Open diary.

Add me. :smile:
  • natalieakyzer
    natalieakyzer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i've been a vegan for 4 years feel free to add me.
  • dgljones
    Options
    Vegan who has lost 131 lbs.
    Just base your meals around vegetables and lean non-animal protein and it is easy to lose weight while having the energy to work out and not want to keep snacking between meals.

I aim to add more to my profile etc later, so feel free to add me anyone.