Anyone using the Nutri Bullet and loosing wieght?

Options
Just starting using mine a few weeks ago, love how it blends the veggies and fruit and I love the taste. But I seem to be gaining weight with it. I know now that veggies and fruit can pack on the pounds if you are not careful! I am looking for anyone using the Nutri bullet and any reciepes they would share.

Replies

• Scyrnn
    Options
    I use it mainly to blend my Shakeology!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    It's a blender. I'm sorry, I don't understand how it makes you lose weight?

A calorie deficit is the way to lose weight. A Nutri-Bullet is just a tool......??
  • debyoung62
    Options
    Thanks for your sunny disposition, so glad you are so welcoming. Never said the Nutri Bullet woul make me loose weight.
  • eperex
    eperex Posts: 86
    Options
    I love the nutribullet quick breakfast beats the blender thats for sure. :)
  • debyoung62
    Options
    :yawn: Pardon my typos. Did not know I woud be judged so much. Just wondering why you feel the need to be so harsh to new people? Are you on here to monitor what others type? :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaLynn101103
    AmandaLynn101103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have one and like it but as far as making the weight melt off make sure you are still tracking everything that goes into it and keeping under your calories healthy things like almonds and flax seeds are great for you but add to the calories quickly. Health wise I cant speak for the value of these but two of my favorite things to make with mine are...

1 frozen banana
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1/4 cup almond milk
    blend together and it makes a ice cream like banana thingy that I am sure you have heard so much about lately. Only tip is push it down pulsing it quick take the cup out shake and repeat till its looking smooth

the other one I have found that I love I cant wait till its watermelon season again to make this...
    2 or so handfuls of spinach
    strawberries
    watermelon
    flax seeds
    water
    add the proportions to your liking, I normally do about half spinach half fruit with a tablespoon or two of flax seeds, seriously it comes out sooo good

I know that wasnt much help as far as the weight lose goes but hopefully it will give you two tasty ideas :) good luck
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories and are you keeping the calories at a deficit?
  • debyoung62
    Options
    Yummy! I will try it. Yes, I found you will pack on the pounds if you don't count the calories you put in. I also have been using Chia seeds. :happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Pardon my typos. Did not know I woud be judged so much. Just wondering why you feel the need to be so harsh to new people? Are you on here to monitor what others type? :laugh: :flowerforyou:

That wasn't my point. I just thought you meant you were looking for people who lost weight using the Nutri-bullet.....and I was saying it (the blender) has nothing to do with losing weight. You have to eat less and move more...blended or not blended food. Eat fewer calories than you are expending, and you will lose weight. That's all I meant.
  • debyoung62
    Options
    No, I was not counting the calories, but I am now :)
  • debyoung62
    Options
    Thank You.
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I don't use a nutri bullet, but I do incorporate blended drinks into my diet, and yes, I'm losing weight. I use it to blend my Plant Fusion protein powder together with almond milk, a banana, and either frozen raspberries or strawberries. While it's easy to get high calories with certain ingredients, I think sugar is the worst offender for some people. Fruit packs a lot of sugar, so if you don't plan your meals to allow such a sugar spike, you'll gain weight. Especially if you have blood sugar problems. I have enough leeway in my food intake where the sugar doesn't effect my weight loss in a negative way.
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing this is like the Magic Bullet?

If so my old housemate had one and they were great for making protein shakes, generally mine were a combination of banana, PB, cocoa powder, oats, almonds, honey etc, depending what we had in the house. :love:

I also liked making low cal frappucino, here's a good recipe - http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/01/healthy-starbucks-frappuccinos/

I guess like someone else said just make sure you count your calories as well. I try to limit how much of my calories that I 'drink' as I find it's not quite as satisfying as eating them. :drinker:

Hope that helps.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I have a similar (Cheaper) Blender and use it daily.

Pre make my Smoothies for the following day (cuz its too loud at 4am) lol Easy just to grab a cup and go>>>>

I really got into 'green' Smoothies. Had loads of energy when i was taking them but keep forgetting to buy Spinach lately.

If you do try the 'green' Smoothie, get some frozen mixed berries. If you get the right amount in there it turns the Green into a wonderful Purple colour.

Cant taste the Spinach (or Kale) either.

Just make sure you put enough in or it turns a horrible brown lol. Trial and error.

Gawd, i must have made every type of Smoothie out there, Love the Apple Pie one as a treat.

..and yes, i weigh everything i put in it..and have lost weight. :smile:
  • debyoung62
    Options
    Nice! I just love Green smoothies and your right you cant taste the spinach!
  • debyoung62
    Options
    Thank You :smile:
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I would talk about the bullet I own, but that's very VERY private and I would probably get a strike. :blushing:
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet but i dont use it with their recipes. i would usually do alot of spinach, 1/2 cup of pineaplle, and ice, water.. i think that their recipes have too much fruit sugars for me.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I use it every morning as a major staple in my diet and weight loss journey.
  • writerwoods
    Options
    I just purchased a nutribullet this weekend. I was out of town for 2 weeks and gained 4 lbs. yesterday, I made a lemon zinger with 1 apple, carrots, half lemon, ginger. My only other meal was a green smoothie with spinach, peach, flax seed, avacado. 3 lbs vanished by this morning. I also did someresearch on smoothie books and settled for the Smoothie Bible, which list the smoothies which correct health issues. They're all listed. I also watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Almost Dead about a guy severely over weight who went on a juice fast for 60 days. He lost 72 lbs and the chronic health problem vanished.

Don't know if I'll do 60 days but I am going to do the 7 day 7 lb challenge with Jason Vale starting the 13th of July. I'll be using my nutri bullet instead of a juicer so I'll keep you posted with the results. Needless to say the 3 lb drop in 1 day is a great encourager.