partners

Options
hey guys and girls this is for the people that are or in a relationship. Do your partner support you loseing weight?

my boyfriend don't want me to lose weight because he feel that I going to leave him when I get to my goal weight. me and him been together for 2 years and he may be leaveing to go to iraq in oct. and he think that when i going to leave him. he is so bad that he tries to make me eat more so I wanted lose the weight. it work at first but not anymore:heart::mad: :sad:

Replies

• brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hey guys and girls this is for the people that are or in a relationship. Do your partner support you loseing weight?

my boyfriend don't want me to lose weight because he feel that I going to leave him when I get to my goal weight. me and him been together for 2 years and he may be leaveing to go to iraq in oct. and he think that when i going to leave him. he is so bad that he tries to make me eat more so I wanted lose the weight. it work at first but not anymore:heart::mad: :sad:
  • tarakeet0369
    Options
    i can tell you living in colorado springs, 4 military bases! There is alot of women who cant be faithful and thats his main worry tackle that issue, let him know you will be there for him but that you want to look great for you and for him. Also let him know he is hero and i thank him for all he does!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be blunt of mean, but he sounds a little insecure. Only insecure people make other feel bad like that.
    Tell him he needs to get over it. It's not only about looking good, it's about being healthy for god sakes!
    Please don't stop doing what your doing for yourself.
    Kel~ :flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My hubby is supportive of me, in fact I am deployed right now and he and I are trying to lose body fat together - sort of a competition.

You boyfriend obviously feels insecure and wants you to feel insecure and thereby attaching yourself to him. But weight loss is for you not for him. If he feels you would leave, do you think you have suggested it or have implied you settled for him because of your weight? Probably not but sometimes people feel more secure if they find someone who is a little insecure. Maybe you can reassure him but ultimately you have to make the decision to be healthy and for yourself.

I told my hubby I wanted to be a "sexy mama" when I get back for him so... that got him interested...
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    yeah he is insecure and i tell him all the time that if he leave I will never cheat on him but I think alot of is insecure come for his past relationship all of them he was cheated on. I also tell him that this is my second longest relationship the first one last five years so that have to count for something. I know in the army they have a wall of shame which is all the girlfriend or wife that cheat on the partners while they are alway I alway tell you not going to put me on that wall. I guess me and him have to work on a couple of thing if he leave. But I not stoping loseing weight that for sure. :happy:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!

Yeah, maybe just reinforce that you are who you are, not his past girlfriends and trust is a key contributor to a successful relationship.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Please think about yourself and how great you feel when your weight is down.

Do not give up.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky with this. Hubby and I are doing it together, we both need it , I need it worse. Hard part is eyeing each other when we see the other eatting something we shouldn't lol and trying to not hop on the band wagon when one decides they cant take it anymore and grabs something HE shouldn't lol

*not me , nope never cause Imma good girl :tongue: * :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    My fiance is very supportive. He loves that I'm taking care of myself. :smile: He wants to keep me around I guess :laugh: (poor guy :laugh: ) He has JOKED around that I'm gonna get all skinny and sexy and find someone better. But I just remind him I said yes to his proposal for a reason. I don't want anyone else. And to me, he is the best. :love: in my eyes. It took the first year of our three years together for me to convince him of that though. He used to be insecure. But I have made it clear that he has no reason to be. And I let him know that as long as I was insecure and unhappy with myself we would never be happy together....If mama ain't happy ain't nobody gonna be happy :laugh: And our relationship has improved drastically now that I am feeling more secure about myself. I also let him know that I am not one that deals with jealousy very well...I hate that stuff :grumble: His exes also cheated on him and I went thru the same crap. I finally put my foot down and told him no more.Since that day he's totally changed his out look and we are so happy together. Tell him to let the baggage go and move on. It's for the best....I also had to do the same. Trust me I wasnt perfect either. I know I was insecure at times. Thinking I was too fat to have someone as sexy as him...:laugh: But we both loved each other enuf to work thru our issues.:flowerforyou:
    Don't give up...And if you really love him, and it sounds like you do, and he really loves you, it also sounds like he does, then you will both be better off if you are in shape, healthy, happy and secure. Just make sure you reassure him there is nothing to worry about and you are not his ex. You are you not the ex. And if he loves you he will want you to be healthy...:drinker: :flowerforyou: