Is it ok to...?

Options
I have a hard time being good on the weekend. Does anyone know if it is ok to deduct calories from during the week and add them to the weekend?

This would be awesome if it is a healthy, effective way to lose my last pounds.

Replies

• chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I have a hard time being good on the weekend. Does anyone know if it is ok to deduct calories from during the week and add them to the weekend?

This would be awesome if it is a healthy, effective way to lose my last pounds.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I asked that once.. and was told calories go by the day... and they don't rollover. I also think that two days out the "week" won't hurt you to much either... :flowerforyou:
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There was a post the other day about adding up your cals for the whole week then using more or less on different days. like if you are at 1300a day you would times that by seven and then divid your total cals up as you need them so maybe 1400 on weekends then 1200 during the week. I think it was from Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser's book.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok to rollover a small portion of your calories. People's bodies are not on a 24-hour calorie clock. Ditto, all the threads on "zig zagging" your caloric intake.
  • thirteen_geisha
    Options
    I read in Women's Day that nutritionists actually encourage their patients to "take a day off" from their dieting regimen. They suggest we have a day where to eat anything we want - trusting ourselves to indulge without going overboard. Yes, have a piece of cheesecake because it tastes good and you want it. But don't have four pieces because it's your "day off."

Studies have actually shown that women who treat themselves to an occasional day of indulgence are much more successful at keeping their weight off long-term. It makes sense, because then nothing is ever really off limits...we just have to make sure those "treats" don't become regular portions on our dinner plates.

:drinker:
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also have trouble on the weekend and what I do is eat whatever I want but don't overdo it but I also know that I have to work out twice as hard during the week so I have those extra calorie.
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    thanks everyone!