How does this look for a day?

Options
Could anyone look at a typical day of eating for me and give me tips/advice or tell me if i'm on the right track. I typically do 60 minute workouts 4 days a week, but starting tomorrow I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred paired with either 30 minutes of other cardio workouts 3 days a week, or 60 minute classes (strength/cardio).

I follow a paleo diet, with the exception of a few laughing cow cheeses that I allow myself to have, and my skinny soy latte.

Breakfast: 2 cups sauteed spinach with 2 poached eggs, half an avocado and a cup almond milk.
Lunch: 3 slices of ham, 3 slices of turkey, 2 laughing cow wedges, 1 apple, 1 hard boiled egg
Dinner: zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs, spinach and peas.
Snacks: I eat about 350 calories worth of snacks throughout the day. Typical snacks include apples, hard boiled egg whites, sunflower seeds, bananas w/ almond butter, strawberries, turkey slices.
Starbucks: My drink is worth 170 calories.

This comes out to be about 1700 calories.

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty ok to me.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Your workouts sound great. Overall very good. All the veggies are great. Avocado, seeds, strawberries and apples are great snacks. I eat eggs often but perhaps you are having many a day? I am not sure, but it might not be the best thing for cholesterol reasons, but I have heard differing viewpoint on cholesterol from diet.

The only thing I would want to think twice about is the ham and turkey. Is it organic free range from a butcher, or from a packet? If it is the packet kind then sodium is likely high as well as nitrates which are considered to be linked to cancer.

Also try to get a large variety of fruit and veggies if you do not do so already.

Good luck!
  • feelagain
    Options
    On days that I have eggs for breakfast, I wouldn't usually have eggs for a snack too. I don't buy my meat prepackaged but from a deli. Some other fruits and veggies I add in throughout the week are broccoli, asparagus, kiwi, blackberries, raspberries, mango and cauliflower.
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sounds healthy and like enough calories. Good job. Hard boiled eggs sound really good actually.
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options
    i dont think i could eat all of that in a day... my snacking usually is between 100-200 cals a day