Around 35lbs lost so far - before and during!

Options
Hi guys, my name is Kate and i'm 21 years old. I'm in the process of losing weight and have been for a little while now. I am looking for some new friends to keep me motivated throughout this journey. My mum and my best friend are my friends on MFP but they don't post regularly and I would LOVE to see others succeed.

I am 5'4"...almost 5'5" on a good day!

I used to be over 200 lbs...207 I think was the heaviest that I ever weighed myself before going in to denial mode.

I won't bore you with my writing but i'll post a couple progress pics from over the years :)

Before (November 2009) - I would say about 205 lbs here.

pGYgwSi.jpg

Feeling really bad among all my skinny cousins :(

iX7FgBj.jpg

Today (Feb 2013) - On saturday when I weighed in I was 168.4lbs

I took these just this evening because I have managed to fit in to a 10-12 (USA) size again!

kZdS5s2.jpg

zPywBbw.jpg

I am showing my belly here because it's been one of my problem areas. The love for beer probably hasn't helped me out :p

Soooo, I still have a ways to go (about 30-40lbs) but feel free to add me so we can do it all together!!

Kate

Replies

• bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You are doing awesome. You look great. :-)
  • ehjao2005
    ehjao2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    KEEP IT UP!!
  • mdyorston
    Options
    great job! keep up the good work :)
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    awesome! that's my halfway point and i started about where you did. can't wait :}
  • gildedlili
    Options
    Hi, Kate... first let me say that you look fantastic, but I also want to add that in the pic when you were @ 205, you were absolutely beautiful. You have such a pretty face.

Keep it up... I have 15 lbs to lose, and for someone who has never had to diet in their entire life, this is foreign territory to me. I'm following the 1200 calorie diet to the letter, and although I lost 4 lbs in week one, the scale hasn't moved much since. (this is week 3 for me) I hope I have the same success that you're having.

Shannon
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    you are doing an amazing job..keep up the good work and feel free to add me :bigsmile:
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!
  • Katersamo
    Katersamo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kate... first let me say that you look fantastic, but I also want to add that in the pic when you were @ 205, you were absolutely beautiful. You have such a pretty face.

Keep it up... I have 15 lbs to lose, and for someone who has never had to diet in their entire life, this is foreign territory to me. I'm following the 1200 calorie diet to the letter, and although I lost 4 lbs in week one, the scale hasn't moved much since. (this is week 3 for me) I hope I have the same success that you're having.

Shannon

Thank you - that is really lovely seeing as when I look at my before photos I tend to feel ashamed and just...ugly. Good luck with your weight loss! For me, it has taken a while since these first photos were taken (with lots of losses and gains during the years) but I try to see it as "the time will pass anyway". So why not eat healthy - it might take a while to get to the goal but it will be worth seeing the number go down :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress......well done!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Your doing great hun
  • LOLATS38
    LOLATS38 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story with us!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    wow kate! amazing results. you look incredible :)
  • Katersamo
    Katersamo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I really appreciate your kind words :)
  • c_luise
    c_luise Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the amazing work!
  • choyt8109
    Options
    You're a georgous girl in both pictures but good that you feel better about yourself!
  • deedeeFP
    Options
    Great job! Your look FABULOUS, keep it up.
  • Mamabrandyk
    Options
    You look great! Isn't it funny how you see one thing in yourself and others see something completly different. Beautiful before and after but glad you are getting happy and healthy for yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!